ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kriega USA Luggage Q&A (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778304)

amanlikemike 04-02-2012 03:46 PM

Kriega USA Luggage Q&A
 
http://www.kriega.us/template/images/Kriega.gif
Greetings Inmates!

The ADVRider forums have been a massive inspiration and invaluable knowledge base for me personally and also to the Kriega lads back in the UK. So, after recently becoming Kriega's US representative, I thought it'd be good to contribute something which could help others with the important decision of which cargo carrying gear to go for.

With this in mind, I figured it'd make sense to start a thread about each of our main product lines: backpacks, bike packs, pannier systems and accessories. The idea being that, hopefully, together we can create a resource center, wherein the answer to pretty much every conceivable question about Kriega kit can be found. Building a library of Inmates' Kriega set-ups and travels with the gear, would be cool too...

To kick off things off, I've posted up pages from the current catalog. Hi-rez versions can be viewed in the KriegaUSA galleries over at SmugMug, and - while stocks last - hard copies of the catalog are available free of charge via www.kriega.us and at Authorized Kriega Dealers.

Feel free to post up any questions, feedback or requests and I'll do everything I can to help find the right gear for your ride.

And just PM me for a your ADVRider free shipping code.



Cheers,




Michael








amanlikemike 04-02-2012 04:10 PM

Kriega Bike Packs
 








amanlikemike 04-02-2012 04:20 PM

Kriega Waistpacks
 


amanlikemike 04-02-2012 04:28 PM

Kriega Enduro Works
 




amanlikemike 04-02-2012 04:38 PM

Kriega Accessories
 


amanlikemike 04-02-2012 05:43 PM

Kriega Pannier Systems
 
http://www.kriega.us/template/images/Kriega.gif

And last, but not least; the new-for-2012 Overlander soft pannier systems, and ALP platforms, due for release May 2012:


windquest 04-02-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanlikemike (Post 18364785)



And last, but not least; the new-for-2012 Overlander soft pannier systems, and ALP platforms, due for release May 2012:





















More info on the Overlander and ALP is due from the UK very soon and will be posted up here STAT. In the meantime, please feel free to let us know if you like the look of it.





Cheers,






Michael





Any prices on the overlander 30?
thanks

mud390 04-03-2012 06:29 AM

I've got a US10 that I've been using as a tailbag for over a year now. It has been absolutely great! Completely waterproof. And I mean completely! For its small size it will hold quite a bit. I've had a pair of rain pants, Icon Patrol gauntlet gloves, a point and shoot camera, a bottle of water, and a Garmin hiking GPS in mine. That is about all it could hold, but it all fit! If, and when the need arises, I will not hesitate to buy another Kriega product!

Kris

amanlikemike 04-03-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windquest (Post 18366703)
Any prices on the overlander 30?
thanks

Hey windquest,

I actually confirmed prices only yesterday, and the Overlander 30 will be coming in at just $299. That gets you the complete frameless fit kit, plus the 2 x 15L Overlander bags.


Michael

amanlikemike 04-03-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud390 (Post 18368196)
I've got a US10 that I've been using as a tailbag for over a year now. It has been absolutely great! Completely waterproof. And I mean completely! For its small size it will hold quite a bit. I've had a pair of rain pants, Icon Patrol gauntlet gloves, a point and shoot camera, a bottle of water, and a Garmin hiking GPS in mine. That is about all it could hold, but it all fit! If, and when the need arises, I will not hesitate to buy another Kriega product!

Kris

Thanks, Kris. Always great to hear that our gear is working for you!

windquest 04-03-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanlikemike (Post 18368616)
Hey windquest,

I actually confirmed prices only yesterday, and the Overlander 30 will be coming in at just $299. That gets you the complete frameless fit kit, plus the 2 x 15L Overlander bags.


Michael

Michael, that's epic! I was crossing my fingers it would come in under $300.... When do you guys expect to start seeing them in stock?

Jason

amanlikemike 04-03-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windquest (Post 18368722)
Michael, that's epic! I was crossing my fingers it would come in under $300.... When do you guys expect to start seeing them in stock?

Jason

I know! Having seen this gear, I was sure it was going to be at least $350. I'm expecting my first shipment some time in May. Obviously I'll post something up on here, www.kriega.us and the Kriega USA FB page, as soon as I have a firm date.

levain 04-03-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanlikemike (Post 18368616)
That gets you the complete frameless fit kit, plus the 2 x 15L Overlander bags.


Michael

Will this "frameless kit" work for those of us that already have Kriega bags? Can we just buy the kit? Also, the documentation makes it look like you need to drill holes in plastic bodywork. Is there a set up for those of us on more street oriented dual sports? I love the Kriega bags, but would prefer they be mounted like the overlander.

windquest 04-03-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Williams (Post 18374401)
Will this "frameless kit" work for those of us that already have Kriega bags? Can we just buy the kit? Also, the documentation makes it look like you need to drill holes in plastic bodywork. Is there a set up for those of us on more street oriented dual sports? I love the Kriega bags, but would prefer they be mounted like the overlander.

I think the overlander 60 would be the one more oriented for street use. You can see the pictures in a few posts back. I think they had it mounted to a ktm 690...

levain 04-03-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windquest (Post 18374499)
I think the overlander 60 would be the one more oriented for street use. You can see the pictures in a few posts back. I think they had it mounted to a ktm 690...

Racks. I don't want to deal with racks.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014