ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PDM60 - Power Distribution Questions (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802088)

Z1000RYDR 06-22-2012 08:55 AM

PDM60 - Power Distribution Questions

Hello All,
Just wanted to touch base. I've seen a lot of questions an inquiries regarding the PDM60 Power Distribution Module. I work for Rowe Electronics, the company that builds it. I'm a motorcycle enthusiast myself, as is the owner of the company.
Anyway, we're getting a lot of great feed back on the product, and the units in the field are performing great. If any of you have any questions on spec, or capability, or availability, you can shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you all the info you need. We currently have a few key distributors of the product, some of which have our dashboard software for custom programming the circuit ratings, trigger behavior, time delays, etc. -- The units are rock solid. I've submerged PDM60 units in buckets of water with 45+ Amps of power piping through them, I've intentionally shorted circuits, left high amperage running through them for days and days, and they just keep right on working.
If you have any questions at all, just shoot me an e-mail or check out our web site for more info.
www.rowe-electronics.com.

Thanks,
Blake

SantaRosa 06-22-2012 10:12 AM

Warranty?

What is the warranty? Sealed, water tight, up to 60 amps total and circuit indicator lights built in. You've moved the bar up a rung on power blocks. What about heat dissipation?

Phoenix65420 06-22-2012 11:41 AM

Programming

Looks like a good start to a neat product!

Speaking as someone that is rather intimate with electronics, if you have dashboard programming software to adjust the function and operation of the unit. I would want access to that as an owner. I'm not a fan of taking the beast in to a tech just to change how long it takes my GPS to shut down after I turn off the bike.

Are you planning on providing that as well?

ov1 06-22-2012 01:55 PM

Cost?

How much is it?

Looksgoodinblack 06-22-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ov1 (Post 18970288)
how much is it?

+1

mark1305 06-22-2012 02:38 PM

I think this might be in the wrong forum.

THogland 06-22-2012 02:47 PM

Price

Quote:

Originally Posted by ov1 (Post 18970288)
How much is it?

It's listed in the FAQ at the website - $149. Unfortunately, what's not listed is how to actually get one, other than e-mailing them... My V-Star 1300 is VERY cramped for room to add stuff, so replacing my current fuse block with something the size of a CoffeeMate packet sounds wonderful.

SantaRosa 06-22-2012 03:01 PM

Google

Quote:

Originally Posted by THogland (Post 18970653)
It's listed in the FAQ at the website - $149. Unfortunately, what's not listed is how to actually get one, other than e-mailing them... My V-Star 1300 is VERY cramped for room to add stuff, so replacing my current fuse block with something the size of a CoffeeMate packet sounds wonderful.

RocketMoto around 149

http://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/...ker-panel.html

I think being waterproof is a key feature and size is sweet.

RocketMoto 06-22-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THogland (Post 18970653)

CoffeeMate packet? Way too big - these are the size of a Chiclet.... Yeah, right. :rofl

Seriously, though. We have the PDM60's in stock, ready to ship, along with our accessory wiring kit that'll simplify your install. Best of all... your awesome ADV Discount applies to your online purchase. PM us for your code.

The PDM60 is one helluva product, and we think these guys have hit the sweet spot for just the right sort of power distribution that ADV'ers have been looking for.

RocketMoto 06-22-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix65420 (Post 18969520)
Looks like a good start to a neat product!

Speaking as someone that is rather intimate with electronics, if you have dashboard programming software to adjust the function and operation of the unit. I would want access to that as an owner. I'm not a fan of taking the beast in to a tech just to change how long it takes my GPS to shut down after I turn off the bike.

Are you planning on providing that as well?

There is Dashboard software, but it also requires a hardware interface, so it's not really practical for an end-user on account of the cost involved. We can program these up for you if the factory programming isn't just right for your needs.

DDT Rider 10-08-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketMoto (Post 18971657)
There is Dashboard software, but it also requires a hardware interface, so it's not really practical for an end-user on account of the cost involved. We can program these up for you if the factory programming isn't just right for your needs.

That's a real shame, because needs evolve and change. A real strength to this unit could have been a mini USB port to interface with a PC for owner configuration at will (while still in the bike).

Hopefully, that's in the near future...

Jiro 10-09-2012 12:37 PM

oh god.... I wish I saw this first before I bought Fuzeblock 2 weeks ago... this sounds like a sweet product. possibly exactly what I'm looking for.

Jiro 10-09-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDT Rider (Post 19778012)
That's a real shame, because needs evolve and change. A real strength to this unit could have been a mini USB port to interface with a PC for owner configuration at will (while still in the bike).

that would be nice to be able to program/adjust it via bluetooth and iPhone

RocketMoto 10-09-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDT Rider (Post 19778012)

James:

Agreed. I have put in the suggestion and I would hope this will make it into a future version, as well.

I will email you to get your specifics so that I can program yours. Thanks for the repeat business!

DDT Rider 10-09-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketMoto (Post 19782580)
James:

Agreed. I have put in the suggestion and I would hope this will make it into a future version, as well.

I will email you to get your specifics so that I can program yours. Thanks for the repeat business!

Cheers...

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:53 AM.