ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beasts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Honda NC700X Anyone ride one of these yet??? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804201)

JoeWannaB 06-29-2012 06:40 AM

New Honda NC700X Anyone ride one of these yet???
 
Hey all!

I've been researching the new Honda NC700X which is suppose to be available at dealers this summer. Has anyone ridden one of these yet? The price point is nice (KLR 650 nice) and the parallel twin looks promising. Just wanted to get some insight from someone who's actually ridden one or even just sat on one. My little PoDunk dealership probably won't see one in 5 years. :ear

http://ichinda.co.in/wp-content/uplo...700X-FRONT.jpg

GrahamD 06-29-2012 07:00 AM

It gets talked about over here and some people in that thread have ridden it.

Cheers
Graham

markbvt 06-29-2012 07:00 AM

Forum search is your friend.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728895
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740243

Might be worth considering a V-Strom 650 instead...

--mark

Cruz 06-29-2012 07:00 AM

Plenty over here have.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759020

Some people got uppity about it being in Beasts yet they are happy to have other road bikes here. :*sip*

Garp 06-29-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruz (Post 19018854)

Some people got uppity about it being in Beasts yet they are happy to have other road bikes here. :*sip*

Given that it shares a platform with the Honda Integra, you could argue it belongs in Battle Scooters. An ADV bike it ain't :deal

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DOeWfI04tX...529+Side+2.jpg

GrahamD 06-29-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garp (Post 19019425)
Given that it shares a platform with the Honda Integra, you could argue it belongs in Battle Scooters. An ADV bike it ain't :deal

yeah..as soon as it sees dirt it falls to bits :lol3

http://www.7newz.com/wp-content/uplo...650_NC700X.jpg

cug 06-29-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamD (Post 19022759)
yeah..as soon as it sees dirt it falls to bits :lol3

It has survived seen the Strom - that would have hardened it to survive the dirt, too ... :lol3

JoeWannaB 06-30-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garp (Post 19019425)
Given that it shares a platform with the Honda Integra, you could argue it belongs in Battle Scooters. An ADV bike it ain't :deal


It looks like an ADV bike to me. It has a beak! :lol3 Plus an upright seating position, longer than average suspension travel (than a street bike) high clearance and a tall seat. Doesn't that make it just as worthy ADV bike as a strom or GS? Put some dual sport tires and paniers on it and I'd swear it was a F800GS (from a distance). The articles I've read said it had a lot of low end torque which would make it perfect for picking your way through a steep jeep trail. What I'm excited about is the 60+ MPG and low entry price. Seems like it would be ideal for long hauls on a budget. What do you all say? Is it a beast or not?

http://blog.motorcycle.com/wp-conten...04-500x345.jpg http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga...DI_NOISSES_PMT

Pecha72 06-30-2012 12:56 PM

I'm sure it's a decent touring bike, and very reliable and economical, too. But where does the claim come from, that it's got plenty of ground clearance? Doesn't look that way to me, with the road-sized front, and especially if for 'ADV-use' one might want to fit some bashplate under the engine, otherwise you're almost guaranteed to break something expensive rather sooner than later. (..is a proper bashplate available from Honda, BTW??)

Also would be nice to know, what sort of abuse those wheels are willing to take without problems. Again they look very street-oriented.

(But I really don't know, if it can cut it or not, I'm just wondering..)

GrahamD 06-30-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecha72 (Post 19027770)
Doesn't look that way to me, with the road-sized front, and especially if for 'ADV-use' one might want to fit some bashplate under the engine, otherwise you're almost guaranteed to break something expensive rather sooner than later. (..is a proper bashplate available from Honda, BTW??)

Also would be nice to know, what sort of abuse those wheels are willing to take without problems. Again they look very street-oriented.

Will just watch and wait. :lurk

Garp 06-30-2012 09:21 PM

It looks like an ADV bike in the same way that a Honda CRV looks like a Range Rover. They might look roughly the same but that doesn't mean they are equally capable

GrahamD 06-30-2012 10:21 PM

It's just a normal standard with a bit more suspension to soak up some extra bumps for those well maintained roads (sarcasm) that councils are responsible for. It would be very usefull in Oz. which is why they are not bringing it here :scratch

I suppose that just leaves the S version and people would have to slow down a bit like they did in the old days :gerg

Cruz 06-30-2012 11:08 PM

Graham, isn't the raised suspension fitted so that don't get holes in their sumps? :evil

GrahamD 07-01-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruz (Post 19030753)
Graham, isn't the raised suspension fitted so that don't get holes in their sumps? :evil

:bluduh Won't help I'm afraid. 190mm isn't enough either, Bash plates don't help. 250mm is about the minimum I think. :deal

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...Jack_up_II.jpg

Cruz 07-01-2012 06:52 AM

:lol3:lol3:lol3


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014