ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD 110th Anniversary Additions. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819653)

limeymike 08-22-2012 07:10 AM

HD 110th Anniversary Additions.
 
Yes it's true! Harley Davidson are releasing some 2013 model rare collector bikes to celebrate their 110th anniversary.
Just like they did for their 105th, 100th, 95th, 90th blah blah blah. It must be SO boring to work in the HD marketing dept. Next they will be celebrating the anniversary of their chaps.

DAKEZ 08-22-2012 07:21 AM

So you thought you would start a thread about it with no content whatsoever.... Do you work for the HD marketing dept. by chance?

:csm

Cakeeater 08-22-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limeymike (Post 19417217)
Yes it's true! Harley Davidson are releasing some 2013 model rare collector bikes to celebrate their 110th anniversary.
Just like they did for their 105th, 100th, 95th, 90th blah blah blah. It must be SO boring to work in the HD marketing dept. Next they will be celebrating the anniversary of their chaps.

I know, it's sad.

I'm going instead to visit the showrooms and look at all the new Cagiva, Ossa, Bultaco, Hodaka, Rickman, BSA, Norton, DKW, Bridgestone, Matchless, Montesa, Maico, CZ, Aprilla, Excelsior-Henderson, American Ironhorse, Horex, Mitsubishi and Izhmash models.

Cakeeater

hooliken 08-22-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 19417295)
So you thought you would start a thread about it with no content whatsoever.... Do you work for the HD marketing dept. by chance?

:csm

Shouldn't this be in JM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by limeymike (Post 19417217)
Yes it's true! Harley Davidson are releasing some 2013 model rare collector bikes to celebrate their 110th anniversary.
Just like they did for their 105th, 100th, 95th, 90th blah blah blah. It must be SO boring to work in the HD marketing dept. Next they will be celebrating the anniversary of their chaps.

Come on now. How can they add a $5000 to the retail w/o it being a "special" edition. Much like their "SVO" bikes.........reep off! I love the term a lot of the OEM's are using now "Factory Custom"! If it is like that from the "factory" then it does not necessarily meet the definition of "custom" when they make 5000 of them!

1. made to the specifications of an individual customer (often in the combinations custom-built, custom-made) :deal

Glenngineer 08-22-2012 08:52 AM

Fuck all yall, the 110 Road King is my desktop background at work, I think it looks fantastic. All the Road King colors are nice this year. Fuck yas.

The 105s didn't do much for me, and but I think the 95s were really nice.

limeymike 08-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenngineer (Post 19418039)
Fuck all yall, the 110 Road King is my desktop background at work, I think it looks fantastic. All the Road King colors are nice this year. Fuck yas.

The 105s didn't do much for me, and but I think the 95s were really nice.

You were on your high school debate team, I can tell with the smooth factual come back, impressive! QUOTE:> 'Fuck all yall" "Fuck yas" :lol3

limeymike 08-22-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ (Post 19417295)
So you thought you would start a thread about it with no content whatsoever.... Do you work for the HD marketing dept. by chance?

:csm

Yeah, busted. I've just been assigned the 2014 'how many things can we paint orange & black project. Thank god I didn't get the 2014 assless chaps and skull bandana redesign.

limeymike 08-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakeeater (Post 19417532)
I know, it's sad.

I'm going instead to visit the showrooms and look at all the new Cagiva, Ossa, Bultaco, Hodaka, Rickman, BSA, Norton, DKW, Bridgestone, Matchless, Montesa, Maico, CZ, Aprilla, Excelsior-Henderson, American Ironhorse, Horex, Mitsubishi and Izhmash models.

Cakeeater


:roflThis is too easy.

rokinrider 08-22-2012 10:42 AM

Boring, no new models, no new technology. They are helping Victory sales more and more... Candy Green OOOHHHH Boyyy. I'm so disgusted with the MOCO.....

Glenngineer 08-22-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limeymike (Post 19418574)
You were on your high school debate team, I can tell with the smooth factual come back, impressive! QUOTE:> 'Fuck all yall" "Fuck yas" :lol3


fuck high school!

Ginger Beard 08-22-2012 11:32 AM

Another HD thread!! :clap People just can't stop thinking about these bikes. :evil

InDenial 08-22-2012 11:39 AM

You're absolutely correct. The new models, especially for the CVO's, are pretty much a copy of last year. They included LED lights on the CVO Road Glide. They do need help with the paint schemes. I also would rather see more chrome on the engines rather that the "blacked out" look. However, the bikes always look better in person. You can't beat the way a Harley runs though. And they are a lot more dependable and cost less for maintainence than a lot of other brands I read about on this forum.

jersey jim 08-22-2012 12:15 PM

The 110th Anniversary Road King is luvverly. I really like the bronze/black paint scheme.

At first glance it seems like a bit of a rip off, at $20,999 it's quite a bit more than a Vivid Black bike at $17, 699.

But 2 tone paint ups that to $18,504.

Once you factor in the $295 cruise control and $1195 security and abs that are included, as well as the chrome and black on the wheels that can't be gotten on the standard bike it actually seems reasonable.

Mountain Cruiser 08-22-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey jim (Post 19419585)
The 110th Anniversary Road King is luvverly. I really like the bronze/black paint scheme.

At first glance it seems like a bit of a rip off, at $20,999 it's quite a bit more than a Vivid Black bike at $17, 699.

But 2 tone paint ups that to $18,504.

Once you factor in the $295 cruise control and $1195 security and abs that are included, as well as the chrome and black on the wheels that can't be gotten on the standard bike it actually seems reasonable.


The bronze/black RK is beautiful....


http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ng-c38-w03.png



.

Mountain Cruiser 08-22-2012 05:33 PM

I like the Artic White with red pinstripe too.


http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ng-c45-w02.png




.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014