ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fall Off Road Ride Manitoulin (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821838)

Moto-Rad 08-29-2012 12:51 PM

Fall Off Road Ride Manitoulin

September 28 - 29 are the dates.

I have a couple of tentative routes. One would take us off Island, up the railbed, across Fox Lake Road to Sagamok, then up west branch north of Massey and loop back.

The other would be on the Wikwemikong Reserve. They have 100km's of old logging roads in an area of the Island that is largely undeveloped. For most, including myself its undiscovered country.

If you are interested let me know so I can see what I can do my logistics support. I am going to make this interesting so you can get a good taste of our fine Island.

Below is a shot of a group of us during the summer rally ..Ride Manitoulin, that has an off road, adventure dual sport ride. This is taken on the rail bed, beautiful vistas! We had the complete range of capabilities from a Versys to a 690KTM and everything in between.

I am going to scope the routes and give a more concise report if people are interested in what type of ordinance they should be riding. I am on a GS so, by and large (LARGE), it will be fairly sane....kind of. Yes the subject title is an entendre :D !

Message me, post, whatever, let me know if you are interested.

Vrrrrrrm....

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...72025913_n.jpg

TOTim 08-29-2012 06:01 PM

This sounds like a great weekend.

revitup 09-01-2012 06:17 AM

Ill try to make it, I just love Manitoulin, would prefer to camp, yellow 2011 GSA, met one of you guys, black GSA a couple months ago infront of the hotel in Little Curent.

Moto-Rad 09-01-2012 10:04 AM

There are several campgrounds, but you could probably throw a tent up in my yard or on the beach even. Keep you aprised of developments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revitup (Post 19495606)
Ill try to make it, I just love Manitoulin, would prefer to camp, yellow 2011 GSA, met one of you guys, black GSA a couple months ago infront of the hotel in Little Curent.

revitup 09-03-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox-Rad (Post 19496880)
There are several campgrounds, but you could probably throw a tent up in my yard or on the beach even. Keep you aprised of developments.

That would be appreciated. I can through up a tent anywhere. The beach sounds just fine.

Moto-Rad 09-04-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revitup (Post 19495606)

Hey Revitup.. where you coming back from or heading to Alaska at the time? That was likely me...dreads?

revitup 09-05-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox-Rad (Post 19514896)
Hey Revitup.. where you coming back from or heading to Alaska at the time? That was likely me...dreads?

Yeh, that was me, you had your rist/arm in a soft cast and were on a black GSA.

Schmittenhymer 09-06-2012 09:37 AM

Sounds like an adventure!

bwokentoof 09-10-2012 06:47 PM

Damn... if the missuz and I wern't doing the TET to Louisiana in a couple weeks I would soooo be there.

motomart 09-18-2012 10:51 AM

Is this ride still on? Any more info:ear

alongat 09-19-2012 07:07 AM

Damn - I want in on this ride but I have to leave for California for business on the 30th. If the dates change, I will find a way to join.

Moto-Rad 09-19-2012 09:22 AM

The ride is still on, I scheduled a Friday, Saturday ride. I think the more "involved" ride will be Saturday as people have to arrive. I have plenty of space on my lawn, beach and couch surfing. I got some solid interest.

One of the routes may change, I was looking at going up west branch, the logging roads north of webwood and massey but according to my intel, the logging trucks are running hard and they are grating it regularly so its loose and lots of apple size rocks strewn about. Its doable, but the traffic thing is another issue too. Dust. I don't want to sound like a whimp but if we got a string of riders it makes for a more onnerous afternoon. Ok, I am a whimp.

Trying to keep this simple though, its about riding, getting together after and shooting the breeze about all things on two wheels...as we all like to do.

I have a facebook thing going too, under the events of Ride Manitoulin that I am posting updates.

Feel free to contact me regarding logistics etc. As I said, you have a place to stay, with apres ride activities...fireside refreshments by the lake!

I am in Kagawong, if anybody has been. Quaint little town. I am responsible for the gentrification of my neighbourhood.

sturgeon 09-19-2012 10:10 AM

Hmm. Maybe if I'm not off canoeing.

the_sandman_454 09-20-2012 07:24 PM

That looks like a neat place, I won't be able to make it though. I hope someone takes some pix and tosses a RR for this up so I can live vicariously through y'all.

motomart 09-23-2012 04:21 PM

Fox-Rad

I will be coming up for the ride, traveling from Toronto on Thursday. Can I get some more detailed location info? I sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:46 PM.