ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   3 Vespas Around The World (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823069)

s_gogos 09-03-2012 07:54 AM

3 Vespas Around The World

If everything goes well (unemployment continues to grow at this rate, new economic measures come etc.)
we estimate that in April we will start our new adventure.
Around the world on Vespa!

3 people...
3 Vespa...
Νo specific destination...

s_gogos 09-04-2012 03:04 AM

We are still at the beginning and we have undefined budget etc.
Although we have taken the decision to leave without money!
The projects include Africa, Asia and America!
That’s all for now.
For more stay tuned!

P.S. suggestions, comments, ideas, etc … all welcome!

:norton

s_gogos 09-08-2012 12:01 AM

And some news...

It’s a deal!

Designing our logo

RVDan 09-10-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s_gogos (Post 19514311)
Although we have taken the decision to leave without money

P.S. suggestions, comments, ideas, etc … all welcome!

:norton

I suggest taking money. A Vespa gets spectacular gas mileage however you will run out of fuel before you even get out of your home country.

If your plan is to travel around the world purely on the goodwill of others, it is a poor plan. It could work but is it fair to rely on the generous to finance your selfish needs?

alicethomas 09-11-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVDan (Post 19566161)
A Vespa gets spectacular gas mileage however you will run out of fuel before you even get out of your home country.

75km from Thessaloniki to the next country.
Quote:

It could work but is it fair to rely on the generous to finance your selfish needs?
Greece! :evil

s_gogos 09-16-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVDan (Post 19566161)
I suggest taking money. A Vespa gets spectacular gas mileage however you will run out of fuel before you even get out of your home country.

If your plan is to travel around the world purely on the goodwill of others, it is a poor plan. It could work but is it fair to rely on the generous to finance your selfish needs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicethomas (Post 19567196)
75km from Thessaloniki to the next country.

The fact is that we see things from a totally different angle.
You can travel with your own money, if you have (you know in what situation we are now in Greece :D ), i wish we could do it that way, or you can use your imagination and your creativity and find that money with another way.
We did something similar last year ( a trip around Europe, covering more than 11.000km, reaching Nordkapp ), and on 2010 ( 7.000km from Greece to Portugal ), and on 2009 Austria & Germany, all that on our Vespas, without many comforts, living in a tent, and with some people's support!
Probably to be more honest, i prefer the second way to do it!
And not because others pay...Its because we love adventure and we think that with lots of money and with comfortable big motorcycles the difficulty is greatly reduced.
To understand our situation, my monthly payment is between 200€ and 500€, the second guy is unemployed, and the third guy the same as me and worse!
However we took the decision to sell everything we have (3 motorcycles, 2 laptops and 1 bicycle), to find some sponsors or people to support us, if we are lucky, and just live our lifes on the road for some time!

:freaky

PS: I did not hear anyone blaming Ewan & Charley...

Morniac 09-17-2012 07:39 AM

Don't listen to anyone
Do what u want as u want
Some people don't have the courage to do such a trip so as a result bitterness and envy comes on the surface

Madv 09-17-2012 08:24 AM

Just do it...

If you don''t try it you will never know if you can do it or not. If you fail, at least you have tried...

Just live your dream :freaky

shiatman 09-17-2012 09:20 AM

GoGoGo

Guys go ahead and make your dreams come true.

Do not listen to anyone, you've made up your minds and this is your trip.

Be well and travel hard. We're right behind you :freaky

zandesiro 09-17-2012 12:05 PM

Awesome ATW tour...

Just do it!!!!:clap

Subscribed!!!

TUCKERS 09-18-2012 01:03 AM

Let's FIRST get our nomenclature correct.....it's RTW...for round the world

thanks and good on ya

al_tzamp 09-19-2012 10:11 AM

When I read that you guys rode up to Nordkap I thought you where crazy.

Apparently I was wrong... You are TOTALLY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it!!!

:ear

elias 09-22-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicethomas (Post 19567196)

I take that as a joke. Here in Greece (also in many parts of the world), if you need help people open their houses and offer you a plate of food without expecting to pay them back one day. Greece owes monay, it was not a charity.

Lets support these guys, we all love reading such Ride Reports.
(personally i am waiting till i have the monay to do my RTW trip)

alicethomas 09-23-2012 12:21 AM

Of course a joke. I can distinguish between a single individuum and a huge community.
But although getting urgent help (medical or deportation) virtually everywhere, the riders may experience some comments from the locals. A RTW trip is usuallly considered as (super) luxury, not poverty!
You won't pass certain borders and areas without fakelaki. But Greece people already know. :evil

Nevertheless I wish you a great trip and all success!

elias 09-23-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicethomas (Post 19658799)
Of course a joke. I can distinguish between a single individuum and a huge community.
But although getting urgent help (medical or deportation) virtually everywhere, the riders may experience some comments from the locals. A RTW trip is usuallly considered as (super) luxury, not poverty!
You won't pass certain borders and areas without fakelaki. But Greece people already know. :evil

Nevertheless I wish you a great trip and all success!

You are right about that.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:31 PM.