ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dr. Bean's 950 fuel pump kits (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823347)

Dr_Bean 03-04-2011 05:18 AM

Dr. Bean's 950 fuel pump kits

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybrit (Post 15239117)
So I ordered one of these from the guy from lc8.nl. Also he e-mailed me an english version of the install PDF which is pretty good. Not cheap thanks to the exchange rate, $63 w/ shipping. We shall see. Maybe it'll be fuel pump Nirvana :D

So here IS the guy from the LC8.nl from :D

UPDATED INFO: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=235

I have made a solid state pump-switch solution that completely replaces the contact breakers (but keeps everything intact, so you can actually revert to original very easy).
The PCB comes with everything to mount it (Studs, washers, etc): No adjusting needed whatsoever.

The complete contact breaker assembly is removed and replaced by a small PCB (specially designed by me to fit into the housing).
The circuit (also designed by me) detects the end of the pump-rod with an optical detection and reactivates the pump shortly so the pump sucks up new fuel.

I have an english version of the installation manual in PDF available:
http://www.lc8.nl/download/fuelpump manual.PDF

In Holland there are about 50 LC8-950's running with this kit, now for about 1,5 year. Only 1 fail was returned: This pump housing had been full of salty water for several weeks: The circuit didn't really fail, but the connections to it corroded away: It was still functional after re-soldering. I have improved this by applying a PolyUrethane coating to the PCB now (after manufacturing). There are also running some in foreign countries.

There are also several Honda AT's running with it, since that is (more or less) the same pump)

I sell the complete kit in Holland for 50 euro (DIY mounting): Unfortunately the euro is very high to the dollar, so that would make almost 70 dollar.
(a new pump costs about 122 euro in Europe)
Shipping with tracking to US is also quite expensive.
If there is enough interest I could make a group shipment and get down to 60 dollar.

I Solder and put all kits together fully by hand. I'm not doing this for profit, I'm not a company, just hobby. Currently I don't have a large stock available, and I have a rally on my schedule in a few weeks. I still have a few kits for individual orders I can ship these similar to Crazybrit's.

If there are more people interested: Could anyone in US collect a list (here on the forum or so?), so I get an idea of how many people are interested?

If you want personal feedback, please drop a mail to me at lc8.nl, use Fuelpumpkit as the subject please.

I don't read the forum here very often, but I'll try to keep track a bit.

regards
Dr_Bean

ktm950se 03-04-2011 06:06 AM

I'd be in for one if someone sets up a US group-buy.

ktm950se

cpmodem 03-04-2011 07:31 AM

Me too, Dr_Bean.

Horse 607 03-04-2011 07:53 AM

put me on the list also

rider914 03-04-2011 08:11 AM

Interesting...
Add another to the list.

-M

dad2bike 03-04-2011 08:12 AM

I would be down for one of these kits.
Put me on the list, whomever wants to take the lead on this.:D
Very professional kit. :clap

Vincent_4466 03-04-2011 08:19 AM

Put me on the list also Dr_Bean. Thanks

mousitsas 03-04-2011 09:05 AM

Me too from greece, (have also emailed you)!

In Cali 03-04-2011 01:05 PM

Fuel pump kit

Im in! PM sent to Dr. Bean.
Thanks for you efforts!
Jeff

crazybrit 03-04-2011 01:09 PM

Dang, there goes my chance to be the only US rider with this :D

I think:
1) he doesn't check this thread (or forum even) often.
2) he's looking for someone to step up, pay him a lump sum, receive the shipment from him (insured) and distribute them out via USPS mail to the people here.
3) once #2 is sorted he probably wants a total# via e-mail. webmaster@lc8.nl

At least this is my reading of his post. I may be wrong.

EDIT: I think his design has some kind of limp home safety feature also.

Dr_Bean 03-04-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybrit (Post 15336060)
Dang, there goes my chance to be the only US rider with this :D

I think:
1) he doesn't check this thread (or forum even) often.
2) he's looking for someone to step up, pay him a lump sum, receive the shipment from him (insured) and distribute them out via USPS mail to the people here.
3) once #2 is sorted he probably wants a total# via e-mail. webmaster@lc8.nl

At least this is my reading of his post. I may be wrong.

EDIT: I think his design has some kind of limp home safety feature also.

Yes, you are correct... I am currently temporarily reading this thread only, because I am getting to many individual questions from around the world.

I could also try and find a shop willing to supply the part, but they will probably add profit margins...

You are also correct: The circuit has a safety feature: The pump is always running at a minimum speed, even if the detection is completely failing e.g. by dirtwater. This will bring you back home and you can rinse/clean and dry the pcb and it should work again.

since you completely take out the contact breaker set, and can revert back to original, you could simply take the original contact breaker set as a spare part (small and lightweight) if you were to go on a globetrotter trip.

aaat doc 03-04-2011 03:16 PM

also in for purchase of unit...

jonz 03-04-2011 03:59 PM

Me too

Put me down for a set too

ktm950se 03-26-2011 03:47 PM

Has anyone set up a group buy yet?
If not, I think I'll see if there's a kit available for individual purchase.

ktm950se

jonz 04-08-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktm950se (Post 15514064)
Has anyone set up a group buy yet?
If not, I think I'll see if there's a kit available for individual purchase.

ktm950se

I emailed him offering to be his USA contact but haven't heard back. Anyone else hear/read anything?

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:24 PM.