ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Face plant (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Damn Cell Phone (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825687)

PapaYolk 09-12-2012 10:15 AM

Damn Cell Phone

So I roll to a stop in the Homedale, ID Paul's Market parking lot, pull my lid and ear plugs, then call my wife. 'Hi, Babe. Ya want me to pick up some hamburger?" I ask as I start to dismount my bike. Then, pain and darkness. I find myself on my back and hear screaming. I know this pain... from years back when a reel of Hawk Missile Launcher data cable slid out the rear of a deuce-and-a-half and onto my knees. I stop my scream and begin hyperventilating a mantra of, "Shit.. Shit...Shit," through clinched teeth. I force my eyes to open. My busted off left mirror lay next to my face and I see pieces of cell phone through the spokes of my front tire.

When I have a top bag on the rear of my seat I pull my self up with the handle bars so that my right leg will clear the bag. Because I was talking on my cell I only had a grip with my left hand, so I was not leaned forward as much as usual and my right foot hit the bag. Because I had a phone in my right hand rather than a twist grip, inertia transferred to my upper body toppling me off my bike with my left leg pined to the tank...and my knee blew out.

Note to self: Zero multitasking when in the saddle.

PineyMountainRacing 09-12-2012 10:37 AM

ouch :(

slide 09-12-2012 12:05 PM

I haven't any idea what happened. The cell phone caused something? What does a blown out knee mean?

PapaYolk 09-12-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slide (Post 19578829)
I haven't any idea what happened. The cell phone caused something? What does a blown out knee mean?

---Because I had a phone in my right hand rather than a twist grip, inertia transferred to my upper body toppling me off my bike with my left leg pined to the tank...and my knee blew out.

Trying to be most politic, I will answer your question with a question.

Is English your second language?

:huh

slide 09-12-2012 12:43 PM

Yes, I am unfamiliar with the English so have to struggle manly to be understood here on this board.

A cell phone caused a momentum shift? How many grams do you mass?

blackx70 09-12-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slide (Post 19579138)
Yes, I am unfamiliar with the English so have to struggle manly to be understood here on this board.

:rofl

devo2002 09-12-2012 01:24 PM

Sounds awful, lesson learned I guess. Just an fyi , I was born in the states and was equally confused by what happened, it isn't very clear.:deal and it's not the cell phones fault.

YJake 09-12-2012 01:31 PM

I still have no idea what happened here :ear

-Jake

slide 09-12-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackx70 (Post 19579378)
:rofl

Ha ha you say, but is not English not the language of everybody from the womb? Clearly not is. Why are we to only suffer manly our manhood out of confusion about cell phone mass shifts?

Think on it and maybe you aren't laughing as much after all.

74C5 09-12-2012 01:45 PM

Was also waiting to see the part about the asshat driver that nailed you in a parking stall. Wouldn't have been the first.

PapaYolk 09-12-2012 01:58 PM

I swing leg while "'look mom no hand" ...and tripod turn to be only two hinge so swing over and fall down go boom. Knee no bend sideways. Hurt much myself.

kabagram 09-12-2012 04:31 PM

So your cell phone got caught in the spokes which pinned your upper body to the top box and a Hawk missile blew out the inertia in your knee?

Just kidding. Sorry to hear about your knee. ACL, MCL? Get well soon.

Danjal 09-12-2012 05:25 PM

Sounds like he fell over the bike and wrenched his knee (still caught) over the saddle.

_Davi_ 09-12-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaYolk (Post 19579714)
I swing leg while "'look mom no hand" ...and tripod turn to be only two hinge so swing over and fall down go boom. Knee no bend sideways. Hurt much myself.

Damn you, I live in europe and have been unable to get back to sleep for three hours (it's 4 am now). I was just finally nodding off and I almost chit myself laughing at this. FANKS for the lolz. :cry

livo 09-12-2012 07:09 PM

:lol3:lol3:lol3 How many grams do you mass? Damn, I'm gonna have to remember that one! :rofl

Quote:

Originally Posted by slide (Post 19579138)

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 PM.