ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Your least favorite cagers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827587)

VozProto 09-19-2012 09:01 AM

Your least favorite cagers
 
Riding in to work today on my R12GS, I came to the realization that there is one kind of driver that always stands out and pisses me off.

I got tailgated and jockeyed all while this woman was on the phone. And in my mirror I could see the audacity she had to get pissed off at me. I was even in the right lane, so she had no reason to be up in arms. That's when I started rolling-road-blocking her.

Of course there are the texters, the callers, the unnecessary brakers and the make-up on the way to work drivers.
But its not so much the action that pisses me off. Its the car brand they are driving.

I know this doesnt speak to all drivers of this make of car...
But anytime there is someone that is tailgating me, swerving past me or just being a plain dickhead in traffic.

Oh the irony...The woman today along with just about everyone else that ticks me off on the road.
They drive a BMW.

Have any "least-favorite" driver types?

jachard 09-19-2012 09:03 AM

I find most mini-van drivers are completely unaware of their surroundings and the size of their vehicle.

Ginger Beard 09-19-2012 09:14 AM

Seems as though it tends to be high end luxo-boxes like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. They must believe that when they purchase their cars, the roadways are included in the ownership deal.

hooliken 09-19-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jachard (Post 19630432)
I find most mini-van drivers are completely unaware of their surroundings and the size of their vehicle.

+1 on this and:

The comedians that think they are cute running the windshield washers for no other reason than a bike is behind them. :csm

Ironically enough I don't really mind. Outside of riding in the rain and maintenance days it is the most cleaning my bikes generally see.........I like it DirTAY! I just think it is a D-Bag move like me, in full gear, is going to slam on the brakes or back waaayy off because you are getting me moist.

motorat 09-19-2012 09:35 AM

i hate the pace cars.
the ones that have to do the speed limit, or lower, on 2 lane roads and will not pull over.
also the commute lane blockers....if you are going to go the same speed as the lane to your right then get out of the commute lane. just because there are the required number of people in your car does not mean that you have to be in the commute lane.

VozProto 09-19-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger Beard (Post 19630515)
Seems as though it tends to be high end luxo-boxes like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. They must believe that when they purchase their cars, the roadways are included in the ownership deal.

I actually don't agree. The Audi, Benz and Lexus although each has their own annoying demographic aren't nearly as pretentious and PITA drivers as the BMW owners IMO.

Ratski 09-19-2012 09:51 AM

Around here it seems to be the VW Jettas that are the worst offenders.

RxZ 09-19-2012 09:54 AM

They don't really bother motorcyclists much that I can see, but the 16 year old brats driving the 50K dollar diesel truck that has been lifted 3 feet and belches smoke like a late 1800's locomotive are annoying.

dstock 09-19-2012 09:57 AM

Prius, Prius, Prius!!

Prius driver's have to be the most completely unaware, oblivious, driving morons to ever get behind the wheel. I know they think they are all making some sort of environmental statement, but what they are really saying is I have no taste whatsoever in car design (the equivalent of driving a shoe) and I have no business being behind the wheel.

That said, of the BMW drivers, the X5 ones are the worst. Especially in Los Angeles.

Robert OK 09-19-2012 09:57 AM

Audi drivers here.

Don't know if they're wannabe BMWs and have a chip on their shoulder. Back when I was more conversant in car brands, they were cheaper than Beemers, don't think that's the case any more? At any rate maybe it's a legacy thing.

Reminds me of when I used to surf in LA, the body boarders (not talking about the kiddies or tourists) were really aggressive compared to the stand-up surfers. Because they were looked down upon?

Yeah, I know, pop psychology at it's worst, but then we're in the land of "myths".

Robert OK 09-19-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstock (Post 19630840)
Prius, Prius, Prius!!

Prius driver's have to be the most completely unaware, oblivious, driving morons to ever get behind the wheel. I know they think they are all making some sort of environmental statement, but what they are really saying is I have no taste whatsoever in car design (the equivalent of driving a shoe) and I have no business being behind the wheel.

That said, of the BMW drivers, the X5 ones are the worst. Especially in Los Angeles.

No, Prius drivers are probably 4th best (except the ones from Vermont). I don't own one.

Mambo Dave 09-19-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert OK (Post 19630842)
Audi drivers here.

Don't know if they're wannabe BMWs and have a chip on their shoulder. Back when I was more conversant in car brands, they were cheaper than Beemers, don't think that's the case any more? At any rate maybe it's a legacy thing.

Reminds me of when I used to surf in LA, the body boarders (not talking about the kiddies or tourists) were really aggressive compared to the stand-up surfers. Because they were looked down upon?

Yeah, I know, pop psychology at it's worst, but then we're in the land of "myths".

Audi drivers / owners / buyers became what where the aggressive BMW drivers of the 1980's and 1990's. I'm really not sure why Audis became more attractive to the "new" crowd, but I know that the girls seem to dig them more than BMW's (both for owning and for prospective dating of the owners).

------------

My least favorite drivers... this is difficult. Far too many people cause major accidents nearly every day here on south Florida's I-95, but from what I've seen it is people and car from all walks of life. I do categorize drivers...
Slow and Safe
Slow and Dangerous
Fast and Safe
Fast and Dangerous
Basers (they base their driving on the people beside them, even if they have space in their lane to speed up),

and out of all of them, while I hate dealing with the Basers, "Slow and Dangerous" causes the most accidents and pain to others (while most times seemingly escaping harm or a wreck themselves since others crashed trying to avoid them) - so I hate them the most.

dstock 09-19-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert OK (Post 19630871)
No, Prius drivers are probably 4th best (except the ones from Vermont). I don't own one.

Move back out to LA for a month and then tell me I am wrong.

devo2002 09-19-2012 10:12 AM

Fuck car type, stay away from anyone with jersey plates:D

atomicalex 09-19-2012 10:23 AM

The stupid Ford Mondeo wagon that was using both lanes to drive 10 under on the way home today. I got aggravated and honked as I passed him.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014