ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Face plant (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Let's help 'kerncountykid' (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828617)

FatTirePlease 09-23-2012 10:36 AM

Let's help 'kerncountykid'

For those that are unaware, a fellow ADV'er was rear ended by a cage driver and is in need of some help.
Here is some info on the incident -
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...ect-Nathan-Ray

and where you can help out -
https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
:deal

GypsyWriter 09-23-2012 12:55 PM

I just read about this over on Ride Reports, how tragic! :cry I hope he pulls through!!!

G-Mac 09-23-2012 01:04 PM

This is truley tragic. The article says he

G-Mac 09-23-2012 01:12 PM

The Article says he was not wearing his helmet. People stop all the bravado and put your fucking helmet on we have no other defense from these stupid douche bags driving behind us. I truly hope they throw the book at this assbag. It appears he should have lost his driving privileges a while ago. Hopefully our boy pulls through this. Ride safely and wear your gear. It may be what makes the difference.

hardwaregrrl 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

Go west young man...

Was the title of his RR found here. I know it was a big read for a lot of people here, and I'm certain it inspired many people. Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now. Help if you can, keep it to yourself if you want to judge. We all make mistakes.

RedRam 09-24-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl (Post 19663535)
Was the title of his RR found here. I know it was a big read for a lot of people here, and I'm certain it inspired many people. Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now. Help if you can, keep it to yourself if you want to judge. We all make mistakes.

Well said.

It'sNotTheBike 09-24-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl (Post 19663535)
Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now.

Mr. Ware himself cannot be helped by comments about not wearing a helmet, but there are
plenty of other people who choose to ride without a helmet, and maybe they can learn from this story.

And if only one other person can be spared a similar fate, that qualifies as good having been done.

You people who want to control what is written in these threads are way out of line. The main
value of these threads is not in expressing sympathy, the main value is that other riders can learn
valuable lessons and that might save lives. If you don't like what is written don't read it, but if you want to
control what other people say you'd better pack your things because you will need to move somewhere
other than the US, where we still have free speech. Try Russia, you will fit right in there.

I very much hope Mr. Ware pulls through and makes a complete recovery, and my thoughts are with
him and his family.

hardwaregrrl 09-25-2012 10:29 AM

I'm with you man....I think it's a dumb choice...but it's a choice. This thread in particular is devoted to helping out someone who has already made a bad choice. I think all of us here want the best for him and our fellow riders. So there is certainly a lesson to be learned here. Sorry I was flippant....didn't mean to be an ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike (Post 19673026)
Mr. Ware himself cannot be helped by comments about not wearing a helmet, but there are
plenty of other people who choose to ride without a helmet, and maybe they can learn from this story.

And if only one other person can be spared a similar fate, that qualifies as good having been done.

You people who want to control what is written in these threads are way out of line. The main
value of these threads is not in expressing sympathy, the main value is that other riders can learn
valuable lessons and that might save lives. If you don't like what is written don't read it, but if you want to
control what other people say you'd better pack your things because you will need to move somewhere
other than the US, where we still have free speech. Try Russia, you will fit right in there.

I very much hope Mr. Ware pulls through and makes a complete recovery, and my thoughts are with
him and his family.

scarysharkface 09-25-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatTirePlease (Post 19660858)
For those that are unaware, a fellow ADV'er was rear ended by a cage driver and is in need of some help.
Here is some info on the incident -
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...ect-Nathan-Ray

and where you can help out -
https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
:deal

Hate to see this.

xmonger 09-25-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl (Post 19676364)
I'm with you man....I think it's a dumb choice...but it's a choice. This thread in particular is devoted to helping out someone who has already made a bad choice. I think all of us here want the best for him and our fellow riders. So there is certainly a lesson to be learned here. Sorry I was flippant....didn't mean to be an ass.

I think you are on point. There is a young man that is seriously hurt as a result of some POS repeat drunk driver that decided to make a hood ornament out of a fellow rider.

If anyone can help out the family and Trevor, click the link below:

Help Trevor Ware - Click Here

G-Mac 09-25-2012 03:35 PM

helmet

I too apologise if it came across as a slight, it defintely was not I wish nothing but the best for our brother. I am not with out my mistakes but as was said lets think twice when it comes to our gear. Its the only thing that has a chance of helping.
I hound the guys I ride with about their 1/2 helmets.
Is there a paypal account set up?
Cheers

crazydrummerdude 09-25-2012 04:00 PM

Damn damn damn..

Hetzel88 09-25-2012 06:42 PM

I just reread his ride report. Loved it all over again. If there is a God he'll bring this young man back for more adventures that we can all live vicariously through. Prayers up for Trevor and his family.

hardwaregrrl 09-25-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hetzel88 (Post 19680138)
I just reread his ride report. Loved it all over again. If there is a God he'll bring this young man back for more adventures that we can all live vicariously through. Prayers up for Trevor and his family.

Hey, on that note....keep commenting on his RR in hopes of bringing more people in to help out. I'm talking good thoughts, not just money. This guy truly has the spirit of ADV down.

Montek 09-27-2012 11:19 AM

word

Any word as to how Trevor is progressing.

Hey everybody lets get the money needed for trevor - he has been a huge contributor to adv. with R.R.'s and just an awesome 4 minute movie "when were you young" the kid has talent lets gey him well if we can.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:13 PM.