ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bad Buying Experience (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829701)

sherco 09-27-2012 05:24 AM

Bad Buying Experience

Through Amazon I bought Sargent low seat for the GS from a place called Powersport Superstore in Austin Tx. It arrived on time and in good shape, packed in a cardboard shipping box with styrofoam peanuts. After checking the seat about 50 times and getting three other opinions I decided that it wasn't any lower than my stock seat ( this thread is not about low Sargent seats).

I called the seller and got the OK to return and received their email that stated "PLEASE INCLUDE THE AMAZON ORDER NUMBER ON THE PACKAGE: THIS WILL ACT AS YOUR RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER"

I packed the seat all nice and neat in the shipping box it came in, used a Sharpie to put the number on the outside of the package, paid return shipping ($26), and chalked it up to experience. I then get an email notification of an $82 re-stocking charge !!! All the web info says clearly that there is NOT a re-stock fee.

I called the Powersport Superstore and was told that because I wrote the return # on the box, the seat was unfit for re-sale and that is why I was charged. I told them I was just doing what their instructions told me and they said I should have had enough sense to put the number on a label instead of marking on the package itself. This was not a printed retail packaging box---it was a brown cardboard shipping box. Anyhow, I'm dealing with Amazon and Visa to get my money back, but beware: Powersport Superstore Austin Tx.

I know that in internet marketing, returns can kill your business and they have to be monitored. However these guys prominently proclaim free shipping no re-stock fee on all returns etc. I suspect writing the return number on the return package is a "gotcha" so they can charge the fee. Either way I feel I was screwed out of $82. I'm dealing with Amazon and Visa to fix this, but you should be very careful if you deal with these guys.

Eddy Alvarez 09-27-2012 06:01 AM

If you haven't done so yet...I would first call and respectfully speak with the GM and plead your case. Then if nothing happens, I would copy the link to this thread, paste it into an e-mail to their GM, parts manager, post it on every thread 250 miles around their location, file a complaint with Amazon, the Austin BBB, VISA and write them a formal letter mailed certified. If they ignore you, hassle the $hit out of them by filing a small claims suit against them.
It has nothing to do with the money but the principal behind their decpetion and lies. Just be honest! Stuff like this irritates the mess out of me! Good luck.

sherco 09-27-2012 07:11 AM

You give some good advice. Small claims court is out because I'm in Ohio and the A**hole with my $82 is in Texas.

We all do so much business long distance through internet shopping and we forget vulnerable we are to rip off artists------like Powersports Superstore

LaurelPerryOnLand 09-27-2012 08:11 AM

Maybe they should join the 24 million unemployed?

Maybe a few ADV riders could 'chime in'.

Their email is: cs@powersportsuperstore.com

rboett 09-27-2012 08:37 AM

If you paid with credit card call your cc company and contest the charge, they may temporarily remove the charge from your account so you do not encure interest pending outcome.

given the circumstances you probably can contest the original charge and the restocking fee.

If they do not help you with this, find another card company.

or

contact Amazon, they may go to bat for your. I had do do something similar, worked with amazon,, actually had a conf call with small business owner and an amazon rep.

def 09-27-2012 08:46 AM

Your credit card folks should stand behind you. If you have all the paperwork and can furnish evidence of your actions, you should get all you money back (minus return shipping).

I have had success with both Master Card and AMEX in refuting charges over the years.

Thanks for the heads up.

rattis 09-27-2012 09:15 AM

Internet

I had som problems with my 2 year old Harley rusting away and they didn't give a shit and told as much.
I got myself a homepage and started to visit every forum i could find and put forward my case.
As my guestbook started to swell up Moco people stared sweating and eventually caved in, go for the jugular:kboom

scooteraug02 09-27-2012 09:34 AM

Sargent has a 30 day return policy when you deal directly with them. Sargent Policy I bought one from them then my friend bought it from me when I decided it didn't work for me.

Maybe the Amazon price was lower.

Someone would have bought it in Flea market for $108 discount.

Hopefully your credit card company will cooperate. You'd think they would have said it was crushed or had a cut in the seat, but to charge you $86 for writing on the box? What does a box cost?

sherco 09-27-2012 12:10 PM

I should have bought directly from Sargent instead of these thieves.

I have already contested the charge through my Visa

I also contacted Sargent to let them know what their re-seller is up to, but since I chose not to buy directly from them they probably don't give a rat's a**

This outfit in in Cedar Park Texas----anybody ever heard of them ? Powersport Superstore?

Are they an actual "Superstore" or is it a guy with a web page operating out of his garage?

MrPickle 09-27-2012 07:31 PM

Any recourse in contacting Amazon directly? Amazon might like to know that a vendor is jerking Amazon customers off by advertising something on Amazon that is contrary to the vendor policy, and when it comes time to put up or shut up, they default to the policy they had all along...they are lying to Amazon customers.

RA number on outside instead of inside the box costs $82? The BS detecter is blowing up...

Send them this link...GS riders probably spend more on aftermarket than any other brand (well, Harley maybe...)...if you're reading this Powersports Superstore, I remember this kind of stuff, and you'll on the back of my purchasing decision bus...there LOTS of internet motorcycle vendors out there guys that don't engage in this nickel and dime bullshit.....

Hikertrash 09-28-2012 04:48 AM

Why didn't you do the return directly through Amazon? I have bought a few items through Amazon that were sold and shipped through other companies. A couple of those items I returned due to not being as advertised and I went right through Amazon. In fact amazon even refunded my shipping costs because it was the sellers' fault. I use Amazon quite a bit for the fact that they have such a liberal return policy no matter who the item comes from, if its being sold through Amazon, you have that buyers protection.

sleazy rider 09-28-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hikertrash (Post 19698273)
Why didn't you do the return directly through Amazon? I have bought a few items through Amazon that were sold and shipped through other companies. A couple of those items I returned due to not being as advertised and I went right through Amazon. In fact amazon even refunded my shipping costs because it was the sellers' fault. I use Amazon quite a bit for the fact that they have such a liberal return policy no matter who the item comes from, if its being sold through Amazon, you have that buyers protection.

Exactly!! Your purchase was thru Amazon, so they're where you should have returned the seat. Their policy is much more liberal for returns and they also swing a big heavy stick with their suppliers. Hate to say it, but it's your screwup, not the store's.

Plaz 09-28-2012 04:57 AM

I just ordered the same seat on Amazon and received it from Powersport Superstore. i would have never guessed that the box it came in was considered the original package. It was a normal cardboard box with no marks on it. If I was sending mine back I would have done the same thing.....wrote on the box.

GP1200 09-28-2012 05:00 AM

Don't sweat it. Your credit card company will side with you 100% of the time if it's a legit claim. No use getting your blood pressure up, they'll take care of it. Usually asshole companies like that disappear because if they treated you that way, they're screwing a lot more people too.

krellheat 09-28-2012 05:12 AM

Bring your complaint directly to Amazon. They will be quicker than the credit card to rectify it quickly. Amazon wants business and wants vendors that will bring business in, not drive it away. A complaint to Amazon for one of their vendors is taken seriously by them. The vendor can be dropped by Amazon for many reasons.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:06 AM.