ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TDM 900 or Versys 650? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830663)

Bikeaddict 10-01-2012 02:17 AM

TDM 900 or Versys 650?
 
I am torn! Lets hear it! What I am after: commute and occasional ride, sporty attitude

Twin350p 10-01-2012 05:17 AM

Tdm 900
 
Hello,
i would clearly go for TDM. i've had one and it's was the best "everyday" bike there is.
Very reliable, confortable, good for touring, and just the right size for city traffic.
i've never had a versys, but just try to ride them and feel which is more confortable to you.

regards.

omnivore 10-01-2012 10:14 PM

Since they are both equally ugly, I'd go for the TDM....but I like ugly , weird, and rare. Versys are everywhere.

cccbarkbuster 10-02-2012 09:23 AM

Tdm is a cool bike but out of production for a long time so parts will be hard to find if needed so for practical reasons the versys would be logical and its a cool bike too!

Grainbelt 10-02-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccbarkbuster (Post 19727224)
Tdm is a cool bike but out of production for a long time so parts will be hard to find if needed

The OP is in Europe, where the TDM 900 is still available.

http://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_a...910&quality=75


They stopped importing to the US sometime in the carbureted TDM 850 years, but they've been making them all along....

bogey78 10-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grainbelt (Post 19727411)
The OP is in Europe, where the TDM 900 is still available.

http://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_a...910&quality=75


They stopped importing to the US sometime in the carbureted TDM 850 years, but they've been making them all along....

That is a great looking bike. Since OP is in Europe, TDM would be the right choice. I like the versys also but they've always been kind of ugly to me.

Cortez 10-09-2012 08:33 AM

I owned the 650R (almost same engine as V), and I'd get the TDM.

Got a friend who owns one.
It feels lighter, will return about the same MPG figures and is faster.

Different type of vibrations because of the firing order, and less of them too.

Can't comment on much else, both bikes should be bullet proof.

TDM should have better brakes and suspension too.

RaY YreKa 10-09-2012 01:56 PM

TDM isn't sporty and costs 2000-3000 more than a Versys.

Tbh if you have TDM money I'd suggest a Tiger 800 instead.

ferrix 10-09-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaY YreKa (Post 19781823)
Tbh if you have TDM money I'd suggest a Tiger 800 instead.

I wouldn't - TDM has the double advantage of Yamaha quality (still better than Triumph IMO) and long production run. Great bikes those TDM and they are even ageing well - among the current crop of road bikes with faux-adventure styling, they are not even that ugly any more...

DFH 10-09-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikeaddict (Post 19717328)
I am torn! Lets hear it! What I am after: commute and occasional ride, sporty attitude

I'm confused. In your tag line I can see that you have owned both bikes already. If that is indeed the case then you should be able to tell us which is better.....:huh


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014