ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LC4 640 tail lamp (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831545)

drmax 10-04-2012 05:18 AM

LC4 640 tail lamp
 
What is the USA suitable sub part number for tail lamp? I did search and nothing. Whatever I've been using...only last a few weeks and the running element always burns out. I must have the wrong size. Please advise. Thx DM

jon6.0 10-04-2012 10:05 AM

Just went and pulled the bulb on my 2000 640 Adventure and its a 2057K.

drmax 10-04-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon6.0 (Post 19746275)
Just went and pulled the bulb on my 2000 640 Adventure and its a 2057K.

there's gotta be something in the auto stores that crosses with, locally. i googled that and seems special...

jon6.0 10-04-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmax (Post 19746656)
there's gotta be something in the auto stores that crosses with, locally. i googled that and seems special...

Walmart or any auto parts store should have them.

tdreyer 10-04-2012 12:34 PM

It's an 1157

bisbonian 10-04-2012 12:40 PM

1157 or 2057, they're pretty much interchangeable.

You can buy sturdier versions, they say something like heavy duty on the package.

jon6.0 10-04-2012 12:42 PM

These all interchange:

Model / Filament / Volts / Watts / Amps / CP / Life

2057 / Low-High / 14.0-12.8 / 6.86-26.88 /.49-2.10 / 2-32 / 5000-1200
1034 / Low-High /14.0-12.8 / 8.26-23.04 / 0.59-1.80 / 3-32 /5000- 200
1157 / Low-High /14.0-12.8 / 8.26-26.88 / 0.59-2.10 / 3-32 / 5000-1200
2397 / Low-High / 14.0-12.8 / 6.72-28.54 / 0.48-2.23 / 2-40 /5000- 400
2357/ Low-High / 14.0-12.8 / 8.26-28.54 / 0.59-2.23 / 3-40 /5000- 400

Hipster 10-04-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisbonian (Post 19747477)
You can buy sturdier versions, they say something like heavy duty on the package.

+1 buy the Heavy Duty version, even with the vibration of a LC4 it will last many years.

drmax 10-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisbonian (Post 19747477)
1157 or 2057, they're pretty much interchangeable.

You can buy sturdier versions, they say something like heavy duty on the package.

1157 sounds right. advanced had no cross for the 2057. uh, 2057K list for $13 on the net...so i think i'll go for the $2 bulb. thx folks

bmwktmbill 10-04-2012 08:05 PM

Dielectric grease the contacts before you install it...it will be happier.
bill


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014