ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Burgman 650 Updated for 2013 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832711)

cbolling 10-08-2012 06:06 PM

Burgman 650 Updated for 2013
 
Suzuki has updated the 650 for 2013. Major changes include 15% better fuel economy, analog gauges, and ABS across the board.

Here is the article

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/10/0...ed-in-cologne/

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...26843d7e42.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...0aa8801a1d.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...f922d887c9.jpg

Rugby4life 10-08-2012 07:14 PM

It's got a wart on its butt.

Capt_Gruuvy 10-08-2012 07:25 PM

Back tire to the curb ...... but, not my ticket.

gumshoe4 10-08-2012 09:30 PM

I see they updated the electronic transmission. As the original transmission had a propensity for disassembling itself as early as 30K miles and then cost a bundle to fix, I will be interested in seeing if the updates actually improve the transmission's reliability and make it good for at least 100K. If so, I might be interested, but I'm going to let others be the guinea pigs...

ErikDK 10-08-2012 11:58 PM

You can't complain about the Burgman 650's suspension.



Its non-existant.

elamofo 10-09-2012 05:42 AM

I think someone in Germany is smiling this morning.

Wonder what it will cost.

GlennR 10-09-2012 06:09 AM

What is the mpg claimed to be?

The Honda NX700 gets 70+/- mpg. That's more appealing to me than a super scooter, but I understand the Burgman has a cult following. They seem a bit too pricey $$ to me.

DudeClone 10-09-2012 06:26 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nWVfeP5zTeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1t-vrsEPLRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vortexau 10-09-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elamofo (Post 19779068)
I think someone in Germany is smiling this morning.

Wonder what it will cost.

Likely less than a BMW C 650 GT which has a less advanced transmission.

vortexau 10-09-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kioti (Post 19776994)

New bodywork is not a new bike , and the passenger back rest is a joke, like who has an ass/lower back shaped to fit piece of crap that leans forward and takes up pillion space, better off removing and installing a top box with a pad.

More to the new bodywork than just appearances. The rear end's been slimmed down some which should improve things for the legs of pillion passengers. Additionally, panniers may not make the 2013 models as wide as pannier-equipped models have up to this point.

Looks like versions will be available without the new-style backrest:

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/gall...y-medium_1.jpg

. . . . and that there may well be a factory topbox available:

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/gall...-medium_21.jpg


Amazing how many folk just have so much negative thought to contribute. Have we really replaced 35mm emulsion stuff with digital imaging?

ferrix 10-09-2012 06:00 PM

I applaud the return of proper analogue gauges, I am so tired of bike cockpits aspiring to imitate the look of cheap boom boxes from the 80s.

cbolling 10-09-2012 07:48 PM

So far I like it.:lol3

JerryH 10-10-2012 02:07 AM

I fail to see any reason why anyone would prefer something like this to, say, a Goldwing. I was considering a maxi scooter because my 1500 Goldwing is hard for me to get on and off of, and make parking lot maneuvers with. I tried the Burgman 650, and it was even harder to deal with than the huge 'Wing. The GW has a very low COG, and is well balanced. You can get both feet on the ground. The Burgman felt very heavy and awkward by comparison. I did find the Helix to be a decent ride, but lacking the power to travel cross country at freeway speeds. Stuffing a 400cc engine in it would solve that problem.

gogogordy 10-10-2012 07:21 AM

Ouch!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrix (Post 19783924)
I applaud the return of proper analogue gauges, I am so tired of bike cockpits aspiring to imitate the look of cheap boom boxes from the 80s.

"The 80s".
Seems like yesterday.

vortexau 10-10-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryH (Post 19785853)
I fail to see any reason why anyone would prefer something like this to, say, a Goldwing. I was considering a maxi scooter because my 1500 Goldwing is hard for me to get on and off of, and make parking lot maneuvers with. I tried the Burgman 650, and it was even harder to deal with than the huge 'Wing. The GW has a very low COG, and is well balanced. You can get both feet on the ground. The Burgman felt very heavy and awkward by comparison. I did find the Helix to be a decent ride, but lacking the power to travel cross country at freeway speeds. Stuffing a 400cc engine in it would solve that problem.

http://psndealer.com/dealersite/imag...nv323422_1.jpg

Lucky for you there is a 400cc Burgman (with ABS) available.

28 in. (710 mm) Seat Height

Curb: 489 lbs. (222 kg)


2013 Burgman 400 ABS


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014