ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tent Space Follow Up (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833052)

AteamNM 10-09-2012 10:13 PM

Tent Space Follow Up

The tent space thread is incredible and such a large resource. I have hosted two guests already. Seems to me that a thread needs to be developed that allows both the host as well as the traveler to comment, share some pictures, chat a bit about the place they visited, the pets they may have slept with, bike work, tire changes, local food and brew, etc. Sure would be nice to connect the folks who open their doors and home to ADV strangers. I hope Adam made it home OK on his ride and fly from North Carolina to Portland and I trust that Eric on his Ducati Multistrada with bad ass dual sport tires from Mass. will make it with no problems to Death Valley.

If there is something already posted on ADV like this, please link and delete.:ear

Thank you - Ateam :D

RVDan 10-09-2012 10:44 PM

That stuff usually ends up in ride reports

Jamie Z 10-10-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AteamNM (Post 19785223)
The tent space thread is incredible and such a large resource. I have hosted two guests already. Seems to me that a thread needs to be developed that allows both the host as well as the traveler to comment, share some pictures, chat a bit about the place they visited, the pets they may have slept with, bike work, tire changes, local food and brew, etc. Sure would be nice to connect the folks who open their doors and home to ADV strangers. I hope Adam made it home OK on his ride and fly from North Carolina to Portland and I trust that Eric on his Ducati Multistrada with bad ass dual sport tires from Mass. will make it with no problems to Death Valley.

If there is something already posted on ADV like this, please link and delete.:ear

Thank you - Ateam :D

I've been rolling an idea around in my head to start a thread in Ride Reports titled "Share your Tent Space stories" where the community would contribute exactly like you describe. I've had some great Tent Space experiences that I'd like to share. If you want to start a thread like that, I'll add a post or two and I'm sure others will as well.

Jamie

AteamNM 10-10-2012 09:21 PM

Do it Jamie. I will contribute some pics.

Eyes Shut 10-18-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AteamNM (Post 19785223)
...and I trust that Eric on his Ducati Multistrada with bad ass dual sport tires from Mass. will make it with no problems to Death Valley.

Hey! We ran into Eric at Chaco Canyon! His bike did okay on the dirt road into Chaco but the sand on the road scared him (scared us too). Such a small world, ADVrider. :clap

AteamNM 10-19-2012 11:09 PM

Yea, I met some ADV guys in Greenbank West Virginia today. They had read about the tent space thread. I have had many people tell me that from Richmond Virginia to New Mexico is a long ways. :ear One woman in a group that were taking pictures told me I was insane and I should practice before taking such a long trip.

sunset_ryder 10-19-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AteamNM (Post 19858802)
Yea, I met some ADV guys in Greenbank West Virginia today. They had read about the tent space thread. I have had many people tell me that from Richmond Virginia to New Mexico is a long ways. :ear One woman in a group that were taking pictures told me I was insane and I should practice before taking such a long trip.

:rofl:rofl

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:15 AM.