ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   No one stepping up for WetFest 2013? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834851)

DireWolf 10-17-2012 01:55 PM

No one stepping up for WetFest 2013?
 
Lots of 2013 rallies are already up.

Will this be the first year there is no WetFest since 2006?

:lurk

Apple Jam 10-17-2012 02:50 PM

D'oh!!
Someone just did, maybe....:1drink

First to say....IN!!

DireWolf 10-17-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Jam (Post 19840581)
D'oh!!
Someone just did, maybe....:1drink

First to say....IN!!

Not me, pal.

I took my turn at the wheel. :lol3

GSguy 10-17-2012 03:20 PM

And you did such a fine job. You need to show us ROOKIE wanabe's how it's done. :deal

DireWolf 10-17-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSguy (Post 19840798)
You need to show us ROOKIE wanabe's how it's done. :deal

Are there no hard core rally organizers in Washington?

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index...&size=400x1000

Road Rash 10-17-2012 09:05 PM

September is a long ways away.............settle down skipper :1drink



Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf (Post 19841166)
Are there no hard core rally organizers in Washington?


There is................and they were the only ones that stepped up this year :D

peterman 10-17-2012 10:12 PM

Hmmm,,
I wonder,, I know a spot,,if we could just,,I'll ask about it. OMB prolly knows more than I do,,hell, Roy knew more than I does, or did do,or ever will.
What's that park with the 40 foot long slab tables between the valley and the coast?
OMB? out of Monroe to the northwest?
ain't that one rentable?
WetFest 2013,,somewhere we don't all need discovery passes to attend, and a place with a huge table or display shelves so that riceless950 (if he shows up) will can has a place to display all his years of first place trophies in all sorts of 'hardcore' events.That would need to be a big space, for turn around and such, cuz he'll need a huge truck to haul 'em ,,even a small portion of the mounds of them he has gathered.
Or we could use Oregon again,,and keep some reality involved.
Where is Pat? Where is Raindog?
Where is the point in any of this?
Off road WetFest,,Wolf Rock, no water, no stores, no cafes, no bullshit, just a whole mountainside of free space above the biggest frikken rock in the State!
that won't work for wimmen with new babies,still breast feeding ,never mind.
Where the fuck is WetFest?

GSguy 10-18-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf (Post 19841166)
Are there no hard core rally organizers in Washington?

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index...&size=400x1000

:lol3

Lickpeepee will be along to clean this up. "This is no Road Rash Thread" :deal

GSguy 10-18-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterman (Post 19843516)
Off road WetFest,,Wolf Rock, no water, no stores, no cafes, no bullshit, just a whole mountainside of free space above the biggest frikken rock in the State!

That's what I'm talkin about. Theer are some good places down in the GPNF like that. One you can ride the dirt bikes in the campground, then there are just the NFS campgrounds that make it a little more of a challenge if you don't have a plate but there is epic single track. There is also a real nice RV U-Fish campground down at Tower Rock. :clap

Tower Rock is a big F-n rock but not sure it's the larget in the state tho.

http://gsguy.smugmug.com/Family/Towe...P1010695-M.jpg

Oh and can't forget.

http://gsguy.smugmug.com/Camping/Tow...P1030070-M.jpg

Their maybe some dirt riding for Riceless too :lol3

meatwitheyes 10-18-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterman (Post 19843516)
Hmmm,,
I wonder,, I know a spot,,if we could just,,I'll ask about it. OMB prolly knows more than I do,,hell, Roy knew more than I does, or did do,or ever will.
What's that park with the 40 foot long slab tables between the valley and the coast?
OMB? out of Monroe to the northwest?
ain't that one rentable?

Peter Man you thinkin about Bellfountain Park? It's rentable but I don't think there is camping! Someone should call them and find out...... Nice place too and I believe the rent is reasonable.

linky:
http://www.co.benton.or.us/parks/par...llfountain.php

YamaGeek 10-18-2012 08:35 AM

I'm not sure what the problem with Vista Park in Skamokawa is? Seemed like the perfect location. The last two were definitely not quite wetside though.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed '11, but the air quality and heat was a bit brutal. Does Rainman still own his land in Yachats?

GSguy 10-18-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamaGeek (Post 19845775)
I'm not sure what the problem with Vista Park in Skamokawa is?

IIRC it was not EPIC enough for some folks and it was put on by Washington People but none of them " hard core rally organizers":rofl

YamaGeek 10-18-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSguy (Post 19845905)
IIRC it was not EPIC enough for some folks and it was put on by Washington People but none of them " hard core rally organizers":rofl

:huh What? '08 was awesome, I mean it's a regional meet up and it isn't going to be WestFest, but damn, Linky has tried to keep the spirit of the get together with his couple of mini fests. I happen to like somewhat mellow camp-outs. Seems like a few folks doing a lot of the work at the '08 and '09 Wetfests were Portlanders, guess they don't count as Oregonians?

Or am I somehow missing teh logic of this?

MortimerSickle 10-18-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamaGeek (Post 19845775)
I'm not sure what the problem with Vista Park in Skamokawa is?
...

Too many ships.

DireWolf 10-18-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamaGeek (Post 19846096)
:huh What? '08 was awesome, I mean it's a regional meet up and it isn't going to be WestFest, but damn, Linky has tried to keep the spirit of the get together with his couple of mini fests. I happen to like somewhat mellow camp-outs. Seems like a few folks doing a lot of the work at the '08 and '09 Wetfests were Portlanders, guess they don't count as Oregonians?

Or am I somehow missing teh logic of this?

'07, '08, '09, '10........... yeah. :lol3

The place was great, but the riding was lacking. There was a distinct drop in attendance the last two years at Skamakowa.

Maybe Link was practicing for WetFest 2013?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014