ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837457)

SquirrelyGrl 10-29-2012 07:16 AM

Scenic City Rides (Chattanooga)

Due to popular demand, Squirrely's neighborhood is getting its own thread! :clap

A thread for getting together for dirt rides, street rides or even just to have a drink every now & then :1drink.

Post here for our area in the Chattanooga (Cleveland can count as well :D), North Ga (Lafayette, Chickamauga, Trenton, Ringgold (yes, you Boojum,)) North Alabama (Scottsboro, Mentone, Ft Payne) area.

So I expect to see DriftDragon posting up here for tomorrow's impromptu ride at Prentice Cooper. :wink:

DriftDragon 10-29-2012 07:46 AM

Prentice Cooper Tuesday 10/30 after work

First POST!

Anybody up for sneaking off to Prentice Cooper Tuesday 10/30 after work to explore and ride a bit before the Halloween spookies come out? If you know your way around there you are especially invited! I am hoping the wind dies down a bit and we get a little warmer by then.

ABHooligan 10-29-2012 01:37 PM

I'd love to go if I can ride pillion. Or borrow a bike for the afternoon. It's easy to find your way; most all the trails loop back to Tower Road or dead-end. Haley Rd and Persimmon Branch are an exception.

Rufjeep 10-30-2012 09:43 AM

Good thread and much needed, SG. I live on Signal and mostly trail ride near the house, over in PC, and in SV (between the TTC and Coalmont).

DriftDragon 10-30-2012 11:37 AM

Well is anyone wanting to go? AB are you gonna actually be crazy enough to ride with me or did you find a bike? LOL. PM me if you need me to meet you somewhere. BTW... If you want me too I will come get you and that bike and bring it to my house and drill that screw out for you. I have air tools and screw extractor and a trailer. PM me where you live if you want me to do that.

SquirrelyGrl 10-30-2012 12:57 PM

Hey Tim, I can meet you at brewhouse in north shore if you want. I dunno if anyone else would show up. But I'll be at brewhouse at 6:30 if anyone wants to join

DriftDragon 10-30-2012 02:02 PM

Sounds good to me!

SquirrelyGrl 10-30-2012 02:06 PM

:clap woot! see you there! ABhulgan may show up, dunno yet.

ABHooligan 10-30-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftDragon (Post 19933040)
If you want me too I will come get you and that bike and bring it to my house and drill that screw out for you. I have air tools and screw extractor and a trailer. PM me where you live if you want me to do that.

Welll.............. it's a bit more than that. I've been busy bringing my other bike up to snuff and haven't fixed it yet, but the mount on the frame has a cracked weld, and the nut inserts are soft anyway. My plan is to weld a threaded plate in place of the nutserts on both sides for a permanent fix. I'll be at the drinking party tonight though.

Brent

DriftDragon 10-30-2012 03:17 PM

where is this place?

SquirrelyGrl 10-30-2012 03:23 PM

Frazier ave, next to thE subway.

SquirrelyGrl 10-30-2012 03:35 PM

At Brewhaus :) & 2 of us are here! Sitting outside on the patio, Brent rode his new tiger :) parked in front of a crossfire

Doulos 10-31-2012 03:51 AM

Suches ride with Blue?

Squirrely - you are the ultimate party planner! :rofl:

Do you have any interest in putting together a ride - to Suches GA? The weekend of Nov 9-11 Blue Goodson, Billy Coulter (of Lafayette) and some others are going to ride the rollmap of Suches. I am thinking about a day trip possibly - or maybe even loading up my truck (F-100 full size) and going for an overnighter.

Blue is a character - no email, no cell phone... but I have his home # if you need it.

This may be too soon with the repairs your yellow DR needs... my back tire is getting bald as I am :lol3

VIPDre - are you in?

p.s Thanks Squirrely for putting up this thread!

SpeedyR 10-31-2012 05:10 AM

I might've up for some riding in that neck of the woods. Lived in Lafayette for a while and would like to explore some up there on the DS bike. Rode a lot of street miles with the ICR over the years. Keep everyone posted.

DriftDragon 10-31-2012 05:16 AM

Doulos, I think everyone is working on a Coal creek trip that weekend... for baby bikes anyway. :cry

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:10 AM.