ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sydney Noob Run 18th November (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839022)

Karlxx 11-04-2012 08:45 PM

Sydney Noob Run 18th November

OK, I’m putting it out there? Interested Noobs? Also calling for Experienced help/Advice?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
WHEN: Sunday 18th November <o:p></o:p>
WHERE: Meet at Richmond Maccas 8:30 for 9AM departure.<o:p></o:p>
WHERE TO (provisional on advice): I found a GPS track for some so called “easy” runs, one is Bilpin to Colo, Another from Colo to Lower Portland and then across Wisemans Ferry to St Albans north on Wollombi Rd, back down the Old Pac to finish. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I have had the GS for a few months now, done a little off road riding, but I really want to do some more learning and explore Sydney off road. I have found learner runs on road riding forums to be a good thing. You need a mix of experience and not too many people.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
So is this the right place for this? Could anyone come to mentor? Is my route alright?<o:p></o:p>

vagueout 11-04-2012 09:03 PM

With no offroad experience behind me, i've done that same set of roads on my 1150 pig a few times and had no dramas, even with a pillion. If you leave Richmond as planned at 9ish and scoot up to bilpin/mountain lagoon, you would cover all your proposed ride by about lunch/cold drink time or so. As always on dirt i drop the tyre press at least 10psi each end and back off the rebound damping, makes a world of difference. Being a weekend i would caution you to the high probability of over enthusiastic 4wd's posing some serious pucker factor moments. As to the 18th i'll be involved in my occasional employment, i know where i'd rather be. Have fun, ride smart.:thumb

dirtsurfer 11-04-2012 11:24 PM

I'll put it in my diary

I might be available, but having just got home from a four day run I will see how the wind is blowing for the 18th . I'll watch this thread

Tyzo 11-05-2012 12:41 AM

I might be up for this, ill watch this space.

Karlxx 11-05-2012 01:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, hoping to get a couple of noobs to join me and someone experienced if possible, otherwise I will just go exploring on my own.

K

Silky 11-05-2012 07:51 PM

I might be in for that, I'll dust the bike off and get out. Buying a house destroyed my riding time for the last 9 months.

notsoslow 11-05-2012 08:22 PM

I would have liked to join this ride but have already booked some heavy duty wine drinking in the Hunter:freaky

minusone 11-05-2012 11:18 PM

Crushing a foot and then breaking a femur has left me idle and wasting away for 6 months.
Along with my barnload of idle machines, I am keen for a ride and should be good for this.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/shirleyminus/ws4.gif

wayne the one 11-06-2012 01:20 AM

May be able to join in but need to be home early afternoon. Probably go as far as wisemans then back home. :wink:

ADVJake 11-06-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minusone (Post 19979748)
Crushing a foot and then breaking a femur has left me idle and wasting away for 6 months.
Along with my barnload of idle machines, I am keen for a ride and should be good for this.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/shirleyminus/ws4.gif

hey Ian, what happened if you dont mind me asking? Was wondering what you've been up to.
Been quiet around these parts, not as many sydney rides being posted up.

Fredful 11-06-2012 06:34 AM

"hey Ian, what happened if you dont mind me asking?"

Me too, what did you do to deserve this?

minusone 11-06-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredful (Post 19980797)
"hey Ian, what happened if you dont mind me asking?"

Me too, what did you do to deserve this?

Don't want to take over the thread, but I have a tendency to stay with the bike despite the circumstances and the foot was crushed when I flipped the Hypermotard and ground off the footpeg. If I had been wearing motocross boots there would have been no injury. The broken femur was the most ordinary situation where the fully loaded 690 stalled on a hill and fell on me as I went down on the lower side. Got a helicopter ride out of that one (after some campers found me) and a good lesson on carrying a spot tracker next time.

when Karlxx posted It presented a good opportunity to ease back into the riding while tempering the riding ambition. Karl you have attracted the interest of some old hands here so it should be a good blast.

Karlxx 11-06-2012 01:49 PM

Thanks again guys, now to ensure we have some other noobs to come along too to prevent me from being the only one embaressed.

K

Matt 11-07-2012 02:21 AM

Working.

Bugger.

:ddog

curlysurfer 11-07-2012 02:43 AM

I've been wanting a snail trail ride down here and wifey says, not that weekend. ::sniff::

I'd be keen for the 'next' one

Nashy

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:13 PM.