ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Baldy, blame AceRph (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   unable to see video preview in TapaTalk (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839108)

thumpididump 11-05-2012 07:59 AM

unable to see video preview in TapaTalk

Until recently, I thought that TapaTalk was deficient in that it just wasn't capable of displaying a preview image of a YouTube video (or any other embedded video, such as Vimeo, LiveLeak, etc,).

I've never used TapaTalk for any other forums except ADV Rider, but recently I was browsing another forum and noticed that videos are indeed displayed. After checking my settings, I see nothing that I can control.

Therefore, I suspect that the ADVRider server settings prevent TapaTalk from showing video preview images... is my suspicion correct?

Is anyone else able to see videos using TapaTalk?

This happens on both my Galaxy phone and my Galaxy tablet.

PunkinHead 07-27-2013 03:35 PM

bump

Just bought a Nexus 7 tablet and installed Tapatalk. I'm not seeing embedded videos. Any suggestions?

Retro 07-28-2013 04:34 AM

I use the Chrome browser with the necessary extensions on my Nexus 10 and see all videos with no problem.

PunkinHead 07-28-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro (Post 21969883)
I use the Chrome browser with the necessary extensions on my Nexus 10 and see all videos with no problem.

What extensions do you recommend?

The reason I'm giving tapatalk a try instead of using the browser (like on my phone) is that I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Opera and none of them have autofit like the stock browser on my Droid. This means the pages render with text too small for me to read. I can double tap to zoom in but even that isn't enough zoom and the rendering is goofy. Setting the font size larger doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Retro 07-28-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinHead (Post 21969935)
What extensions do you recommend?

The reason I'm giving tapatalk a try instead of using the browser (like on my phone) is that I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Opera and none of them have autofit like the stock browser on my Droid. This means the pages render with text too small for me to read. I can double tap to zoom in but even that isn't enough zoom and the rendering is goofy. Setting the font size larger doesn't seem to do anything at all.

It was done automatically. I clicked on a video and the software went out and got it.

I know what you are talking about with the Droid autofit. I go to sites and my Galaxy 3 makes the font too small, but my old Droid X would resize for me. Haven't had the same problem on my Nexus 10 though.

Fishin33 08-05-2013 08:51 PM

Mine is the same way. Tapatalk shows pics fine but embedded videos do not show up. I'm on the HD for iPad version. Some support threads at tapatalk indicate it is the way the poster embeds the video.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:37 PM.