ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beasts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tiger XC accessories / farkles thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840096)

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 12:35 PM

Tiger XC accessories / farkles thread
 
The stock foot pegs on the Tiger 800 XC are a tad to small for long periods of standing. Whats the best after market option for the money? What do you have and how do you like it?Here's some options i found online.

Triumph Option $150
http://www.pure-triumph.com/images/p...s-A9770037.jpg

Another Triumph Option $150
http://store.proitalia.com/images/A9770037.jpg

SW Mototech $159
http://static.twisted-throttle.net/m.../phpNCF6PT.jpg

Touratech $196
http://www.touratech-usa.com/media/r...0-5315-0_3.JPG

Gillies $350
http://www.pureperformancecycles.com...ger-800-XC.jpg

Pivot Pegs $169

http://www.altrider.com/images/thumb...ger-800-xc.jpg

Dubl-A 11-04-2012 12:38 PM

The Pivot's look tight for the price!

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 01:48 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. Once you compare them all and the prices i think Pivot Pegs come out on top.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 03:02 PM

A video on the Pivot Pegs and a link for more info..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wVNyWOCEKwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A a little info from the d Tiger 800 mega thread
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attac...1&d=1322962851

http://www.altrider.com/images/thumb...ger-800-xc.jpg

fbj913 11-04-2012 04:47 PM

i had the pivot pegs and hated them. from the inside of the bike outward they are too small. it made my foot feel like it was going to roll off when standing. i would try the triumph ones if i tried again. or maybe buy the weld on type and just modify the stock pegs.

fbj913 11-04-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbj913 (Post 19970061)
i had the pivot pegs and hated them. from the inside of the bike outward they are too small. it made my foot feel like it was going to roll off when standing. i would try the triumph ones if i tried again. or maybe buy the weld on type and just modify the stock pegs.

oh yeah and, if i remember right, if you look at the measurements of the pivot compared to stock they are about the same when it comes to length. the problem i could see was that the peg started a little closer to the connection point so the actual usable amount of peg is less. if that makes since...

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbj913 (Post 19970116)
oh yeah and, if i remember right, if you look at the measurements of the pivot compared to stock they are about the same when it comes to length. the problem i could see was that the peg started a little closer to the connection point so the actual usable amount of peg is less. if that makes since...

The length on the stock pegs is fine its the width that needs increased.

fbj913 11-04-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Post 19970139)
The length on the stock pegs is fine its the width that needs increased.

right. with the pivots you go opposite of the stocks. you get wider but reduce the length (usable length).

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbj913 (Post 19970210)
right. with the pivots you go opposite of the stocks. you get wider but reduce the length.

So you think the SW Mototech pegs are the best deal?

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 05:10 PM

The SW Mototech foot pegs are 15mm lower than stock pegs.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_0862.jpg

fbj913 11-04-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Post 19970218)
So you think the SW Mototech pegs are the best deal?

not sure, i've only tried the pivot pegs.

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 05:29 PM

The Touratech foot pegs look ridiculously over priced. The Touratech name does not increase the value in my book. I can't seem to find any measurements on the Triumph after market pegs. They look nice but wondering how wide they are.

Two Wheel Pro's has the Triumph Pegs shipped for 146.80.

Subtotal: $137.85
Shipping & Handling: $8.95
Total: $146.80

Riot 11-04-2012 05:51 PM

Also struggling with this .... The pivot pegs move your foot closer to the gear/brake levers too.
As I have bigish feet with a high arch this creates a clearance issue for me.

motosickle2000 11-04-2012 07:50 PM

Go with Pivot Pegz. I tried the SW Motech and they are very slippery when wet. The stock rubber pegs are less slippery.

The pivot pegs are very well built and the pivot function is really nice. With wider pegs, you feet will rock on the pegs if they don't pivot.

Xcountry-Rider 11-04-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motosickle2000 (Post 19971331)
Go with Pivot Pegz. I tried the SW Motech and they are very slippery when wet. The stock rubber pegs are less slippery.

The pivot pegs are very well built and the pivot function is really nice. With wider pegs, you feet will rock on the pegs if they don't pivot.

You've tried both the Pivot and the SW Mototech?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014