ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Garage (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Best air chuck (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841909)

HuckFarley 11-17-2012 05:58 AM

Best air chuck

Any suggestions on the best air chuck that attatches to my air hose to fill bike tires. You get what you pay for, I'm ready to upgrade my Harbor Fake stuff. Thanks.

chollo9 11-17-2012 07:16 AM

Um, what's wrong with the regular old short thing?

Pro_Marinero 11-17-2012 01:02 PM

Are you sure you're using it correctly? Even HF can't really screw up an air chuck. Both of mine work fine.

Pike Bishop 11-17-2012 02:33 PM

"Upgrade an air chuck." :lol3

You gonna upgrade your valve stem caps, too? Don't forget the muffler bearings!

RVDan 11-17-2012 05:43 PM

Try to find something made by Milton

bwringer 11-17-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVDan (Post 20067027)
Try to find something made by Milton

Yep, Milton. Look in a farm store -- around here, Rural King sells Milton goodies.

And yes, there are differences in air chucks. I've thrown out several of the Chinese ones that just don't work. Sometimes you get one that works OK.

buickid 11-18-2012 04:31 AM

I got a nice brass one from NAPA, seems well made and seals well. Agreed, I have a couple dual-sided long reach chucks from Harbor Freight, and they work okay, but don't always seal well on the stem.

FatBob 11-18-2012 04:04 PM

I've had several from HF, They were all crap. Some wouldn't seal on the tire valve, some always leaked air.

I've had good luck with the Camel air chuck like this one.

dougfromindy 11-18-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwringer (Post 20067996)
Yep, Milton. Look in a farm store -- around here, Rural King sells Milton goodies.

And yes, there are differences in air chucks. I've thrown out several of the Chinese ones that just don't work. Sometimes you get one that works OK.

+1 Milton is your brand. Lotsa junk out there.

disston 11-18-2012 04:59 PM

Been a fan of Milton for many years. Better farm stores and hardware stores in rural areas. I try to use all their products, female ends less prone to problems, air chucks many styles. Pressure gauge is a quality item.

But I have some Chinese and other odd things. The Milton blow gun nozzle, that little air squirter that fits in your hand, with a rubber tip? The Milton one has a large rubber end. I also have a smaller one from China with a smaller tip.

Air chucks come is several different shapes and styles. The one I have settled on seems to be the most common around this part of the country. It is style "M". There are others with names like Industrial or professional and other letters of the alphabet. As far as I know everybody else uses M also. Maybe some of the pros and people with more experience than I can straighten me out if I've got this wrong.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:38 PM.