ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How long should I wait after getting my nuts nipped to start a trip? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842565)

Two Wheeled 'Tard 11-20-2012 03:09 AM

How long should I wait after getting my nuts nipped to start a trip?

Hey guys, I'm planning on finally getting the vasectomy that I've wanted once I get back to the USA in April. Immediately afterwards, or as soon as possible afterwards, I'm loading up my V-Strom for what will be a 30,000 mile road trip.

So, has anyone here gotten their bean-bag spliced? How long did you have to wait before you could ride again, and how long before you could pull 400+ mile days?

Stan Dalone 11-20-2012 04:44 PM

I went immediately on a weekend car trip, I waited 3 days to use it, 5 days, to ride
Mighta coulda lrode sooner, but damn,
Who wants to screw up the best toy. :lol3

pcwirepro 11-20-2012 05:06 PM

Go for it

I went the no scalpel route. Walked out of the drs office got in the waiting truck and drove 100 + miles to Bear Lake Idaho for a boating trip. I was fine until I jumped off the back of our trailered boat. Yikes that hurt. A few bags of frozen peas later I was good to go. Bounced around that god forsaken windy hole for three days straight without incident.

Make sure your doc has done a few. I haven't had a full chub since and that was years ago. Do they still use metal clamps? Those dam things drive me crazy.

ctjohnson 11-20-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcwirepro (Post 20087214)
I haven't had a full chub since and that was years ago.

Please explain this a little more.......

Jeff B 11-21-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctjohnson (Post 20087354)
Please explain this a little more.......

Don't let this guy scare you off if your continplating getting it done.

I had mine done over 20yrs ago and I can still drive railroad spikes and etch glass w/mine on any given Sunday morning. :thumbup

RTLover 11-21-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Wheeled 'Tard (Post 20082230)
Hey guys, I'm planning on finally getting the vasectomy that I've wanted once I get back to the USA in April. Immediately afterwards, or as soon as possible afterwards, I'm loading up my V-Strom for what will be a 30,000 mile road trip.

So, has anyone here gotten their bean-bag spliced? How long did you have to wait before you could ride again, and how long before you could pull 400+ mile days?

My doc told me I should get chopped on Friday, back to work on Monday. Didn't work for me, a good week before I could walk right, but then that's me, a slow healer. It's not major surgery but it could come undone if stressed too soon. My guide is to wait a few days after I think I'm good to go, before I go. YMMV.

acejones 11-21-2012 07:12 PM

I'd wait a week to ten days. Why rush it ?

Two Wheeled 'Tard 11-22-2012 04:17 AM

Thanks for all the responses, guys. I'm thankful to hear the recovery time can be that short, I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride for a few weeks, or even a month. I've wanted a vasectomy since I was in my early 20s and knew that I never wanted kids, and the years since have only reinforced my desire. Looking very forward to getting it done!

pcwirepro 11-22-2012 12:53 PM

Don't sweat it.

Best $25.00 I ever spent.

damasovi 11-22-2012 01:15 PM

Went in on Friday and rode Tuesday, took the extra day because of a flat.

You will know if extra time is need it base on the color of the injury (your balls may turn purple or not) so that is all. I did not experience any pain during the procedure and it took less than 20 minutes. The only uncomfortable day is the first one and it does not hurt, it is only like an itch and that is it.

And go on the trip!!!

Damasovi

acejones 11-22-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Wheeled 'Tard (Post 20097029)
Thanks for all the responses, guys. I'm thankful to hear the recovery time can be that short, I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride for a few weeks, or even a month. I've wanted a vasectomy since I was in my early 20s and knew that I never wanted kids, and the years since have only reinforced my desire. Looking very forward to getting it done!

You certainly got a lot of varied opinions. Just remember; the advice you got is worth less than you paid for it. YMMV

PWRCRZR 11-22-2012 04:53 PM

I thought the procedure would be no biggee....I was wrong. Sore as hell for 5 or 6 days. On the 6th day I said screw it I might as well go for a ride...first thing I ever did, starting feeling much better afterwards.

Everyone is different....the boys will let you know when it,s time to ride...

Get a bag of frozen peas:deal

ride4321 11-23-2012 01:43 PM

Doc told me a few days was all the down time needed. YMMV.:rofl

HeyWhatever 11-24-2012 01:45 PM

I think you need a qualified female "nut inspector". My services are for free if you can make it to NC. LMAO:evil

Andrejs2112 11-24-2012 05:11 PM

Mine hurt for a week or more. Vicadan and beer helps. I wouldn't rush it. I'd give it two weeks. Stinging nuts wouldn't be welcomed on any trip I took.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:35 PM.