ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Helmet that fits Arai Profile wearer? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843644)

davidji 11-24-2012 10:07 PM

Helmet that fits Arai Profile wearer?

What current model, available in the USA full-face street helmet fits the rider who fits in the Arai Profile?

As far as I can tell manufacturers are going to more neutral helmet shapes. I wear a Profile now, and I wonder what current models I could replace it with. Without pounding out some of the EPS in the front.

I've looked at the helmet shape information on webbikeworld. But I'm curious what works for other Profile wearers.

Droptarotter 11-25-2012 01:59 AM

I have a Profile.........in a new Arai, the Signet Q is the one that fits best.
The Schuberth C-3 fits........but left a dent in my forehead.

I did purchase a Shoei Neotec this year as I wanted a flip up helmet.........so there are three helmets that fit your needs.

Cheers

levain 11-25-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droptarotter (Post 20112474)

I did purchase a Shoei Neotec this year as I wanted a flip up helmet.........so there are three helmets that fit your needs.

Cheers

Same size Neotec as profile?

atgatt 11-25-2012 05:20 AM

I have a Profile... it has been discontinued but as the previous poster said, the Signet-Q has replaced it.

Here is a good list:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

"Narrow" helmets are listed right at the top.

Atgatt

davidji 11-25-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droptarotter (Post 20112474)
I have a Profile.........in a new Arai, the Signet Q is the one that fits best.
The Schuberth C-3 fits........but left a dent in my forehead.

Thanks. Dent in the forehead means doesn't fit to me. Which rules out all of current Arai line. Yeah I could wear them if I'd modify the EPS liner. Hopefully when I need a new helmet it won't come to that.

Droptarotter 11-25-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levain (Post 20112788)
Same size Neotec as profile?

Yes........

Droptarotter 11-25-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidji (Post 20113911)
Thanks. Dent in the forehead means doesn't fit to me. Which rules out all of current Arai line. Yeah I could wear them if I'd modify the EPS liner. Hopefully when I need a new helmet it won't come to that.

Just to be clear.............The Signet Q fit perfectly.......if I was to replace my Profile with an Arai, I would buy the Signet Q.

Your head may vary:D

pgh 11-25-2012 07:01 PM

I replaced a large Profile with a large Signet-Q. Fit great. Actually, I found the fit better for my head.

AKjitsu 11-26-2012 09:09 AM

I've had a few Profiles and find the fit of the Shoei RF 1100 to be almost identical

outsidein 11-27-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKjitsu (Post 20119949)
I've had a few Profiles and find the fit of the Shoei RF 1100 to be almost identical

I own a Profile and and have tried the Shoei RF-1100 and highly disagree with this statement. The Profile is made for those with a long and narrow head (long oval). Most Shoei's have a rounder shape and fit those with round heads optimally - the opposite of long oval. When I tried on a Shoei RF1100 I had a pressure points on my forehead and back of head and all kinds of room at the sides. These two helmets are on the opposite ends of the fitment spectrum.

Arai now makes the Signet-Q for long oval heads. The Bell RS-1 fits like an intermediate oval helmet and may work on a LO head. Shark make some helmets for a narrower head. Check WebBikeWorld helmet shape guide.

AKjitsu 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidein (Post 20125047)
I own a Profile and and have tried the Shoei RF-1100 and highly disagree with this statement. The Profile is made for those with a long and narrow head (long oval). Most Shoei's have a rounder shape and fit those with round heads optimally - the opposite of long oval. When I tried on a Shoei RF1100 I had a pressure points on my forehead and back of head and all kinds of room at the sides. These two helmets are on the opposite ends of the fitment spectrum.

Arai now makes the Signet-Q for long oval heads. The Bell RS-1 fits like an intermediate oval helmet and may work on a LO head. Shark make some helmets for a narrower head. Check WebBikeWorld helmet shape guide.

First off, you have nothing to disagree with. I simply stated my own experience. And since you have no damned way to know what my experience has been, what exactly are you disagreeing with? I donít know what RF 1100 you tried but it sure as hell wasnít the one I have.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Iím becoming very suspicious of the quality control/consistency of the helmet liners out there; including the premium brands. A lot of guys have successfully switched from the Profile to Signet Q. But when my GF and I (both long time Profile users) bought a couple (to take advantage of the wider eye port, which is substantial) we found that size-for-size our foreheads were being crushed. Sent them back.<o:p></o:p>
I had a Shark RSI, which fit my long narrow noggin splendidly, for many years. When the interior became so stinky I couldnít stand it any longer I ordered a new set of guts in the same size. Which made the very same helmet fit all caddywampus on my head.<o:p></o:p>
I generally respect the guys at Webbikeworld but Iím being forced to the conclusion that the opinions theyíre stating regarding helmet shapes are a function just exactly which helmet example they got their hands on.<o:p></o:p>
From now on, when itís new helmet time Iím going to a retailer, trying on what they have and, if I find one I like, Iíll take that one home. Not one ďjust like itĒ. Not the same model ordered in a different color. The one I just had on my head and no other.<o:p></o:p>

Ape76 12-09-2012 08:55 AM

The AGV line specifically the T2 seem to fit your profile so check them out...

fast4d 12-09-2012 05:00 PM

check out a signet-q yesterday. the exterior/vents are exactly the same as the profile.

what is the improvement in the signet-q other than the $150 price increase?

AlecMyrddyn 12-10-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast4d (Post 20213633)
check out a signet-q yesterday. the exterior/vents are exactly the same as the profile.

what is the improvement in the signet-q other than the $150 price increase?

In most respects, the Signet-Q is a long oval version of the RX-Q, designed for more a more upright riding position as well.

Compared to the Profile, the Signet-Q has:
  • A new wider viewport
  • The new SAI shield with an inset pinlock that is the same size as the viewport. Clear Pinlock is included with helmet.
  • Tighter fit on the lower jaw area to help with fit and lower wind noise.
  • Peel away 5mm spacers in the liner temple area to adjust the shape if your head isn't as narrow.

I'm also a Profile wearer, and my Profile is due for replacement maybe next year... I've been starting to look for another Long-Oval that fits me. I tried on a Signet-Q and it it fits okay, but not as well as the Profile. I have a little bit of a point to the top of my forehead that I feel pressure on in the Signet-Q, but not in my Profile. Is it because the Profile is broken in? Maybe, but I don't think so.

levain 12-10-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidein (Post 20125047)

+1. I tried on an RF-1100 last year at some point to replace my Profile and got an instant forehead head ache.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:27 PM.