ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any Decent Harley Forums? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843704)

Zanotti 11-25-2012 08:33 AM

Any Decent Harley Forums?
 
I am new to the whole Harley world, and I cannot seem to find a decent forum that isn't overpopulated with chick photo's and deluged with advertisements. I am seeking a reasonable discussion about the machine, not the lifestyle.

I didn't realize how good we had it here on ADV until I started seeking other forums. I have good forums for BMW's, Triumph's, and others, but is there a best choice for Harley?

I have hdforums and v-twinforum but there is too much chaff to blow through to get to any meaningful information.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Z

10K 11-25-2012 08:48 AM

xrownersgroup.com

Bueller 11-25-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanotti (Post 20113625)
I am new to the whole Harley world, and I cannot seem to find a decent forum that isn't overpopulated with chick photo's and deluged with advertisements. I am seeking a reasonable discussion about the machine, not the lifestyle.

I didn't realize how good we had it here on ADV until I started seeking other forums. I have good forums for BMW's, Triumph's, and others, but is there a best choice for Harley?

I have hdforums and v-twinforum but there is too much chaff to blow through to get to any meaningful information.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Z

Your choice - put up with adverts, mouth breathers, spam, and naked chick photos, or alternatively not being able to get through a half-page discussion without a dog pile, as you'll often find when you discuss HD topics here. I haven't yet found a place that contains none of those things.

2tallnwide 11-25-2012 08:56 AM

Dang man, you went and spent all that extra money for the marketing/lifestyle, and now you don't want it? :lol3

Just pickin' atcha a little....:D

Most of the guys on the Intruder forum I'm a member of that now own Harleys seem to have the same sentiments as you unfortunately. I'll ask them if they have a favorite HD forum for you though. :beer

EricD10563 11-25-2012 09:12 AM

Hdforums is the best site I've found so far for HD, just skip what you don't want to read or start your own thread to get quicker answers. I've found the answer there even if I had to wade through the nonsense to find it.

sixspeed 11-25-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricD10563 (Post 20113839)
Hdforums is the best site I've found so far for HD, just skip what you don't want to read or start your own thread to get quicker answers. I've found the answer there even if I had to wade through the nonsense to find it.

HDforums peeps are good, but the site itself really makes you appreciate ADVRIDER.

It's a joy to be on here versus the heavily adware laden IB owned sites that are nigh well useless. And I don't need the "I'm a badass biker" vulgarity or soft pron to make my internet experience complete.

We have a good mix of Harley peeps right here that give good info for the questions I've had. A few perpetual pot stirrers make it a bit challenging but there's lotsa good here to offset that.

Advntr 11-25-2012 09:31 AM

http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php

not too much pirate, good tech, access to lots of harley documentation

AustinJake 11-25-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advntr (Post 20113931)
http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php

not too much pirate, good tech, access to lots of harley documentation

+1 to this site, more tech, less bullshit

norseXL 11-25-2012 09:42 AM

If you have a Sportster, the place to be is XLForum.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/modules/Jig/index.php

Murf2 11-25-2012 09:50 AM

Agree Harley Tech Talk is the best. The XR forum is interesting too.

Enjoy your Harley!

Murf

Advntr 11-25-2012 10:49 AM

It's hard to enjoy a Harley when every single one is plagued with quality issues...sometime I feel like the bmw folks with the final drive and fork issues.

6 harley tour bikes, 150,000 miles later quality issues force me into another new one hopefully withe fewer problems...yeah right...be sure to buy the xtended warranty and ride

2tallnwide 11-25-2012 01:50 PM

Well, I have got one for you from my thread over there thus far. I know nothing about this site, but have chatted with the owner some years ago, and he is a fine fella. http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...&gid=162530264

:beer

BCC 11-25-2012 02:30 PM

I guess I'm pirate-tolerant, as I like HD Forum. I don't see the ads and I like girls, so I'm good.

No motorcycle site is as good overall as advrider.

AKDuc 11-25-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanotti (Post 20113625)
I am new to the whole Harley world, and I cannot seem to find a decent forum that isn't overpopulated with chick photo's and deluged with advertisements. I am seeking a reasonable discussion about the machine, not the lifestyle.

Cool. Did you get one yet? I just got my 1st one last year, a Softail Deluxe.

I'm AKHD over on HDForums tho I spend a LOT more time on here. Good luck and have fun, Mark H.

How do you like my plate? :wink:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...y/93012-3x.jpg

bvkamp 11-25-2012 02:39 PM

I agree with Eric, HDforums is the best place for information (with the possible exception of sportsters). Indeed, you have to filter through some tastelessness. The people there don't represent very diverse views of the world, if that matters to you. With regards to the machines, there is a general sense of form over function. It seems a bike cannot be low enough, even when parts are dragging. I have seen ape-hanger handlebars that look flat-out unsafe. Maybe we could grow the Harley Davidson following on this site. :deal


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014