ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scratch and Dent bags (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844024)

Jesse Luggage 11-26-2012 09:53 AM

Scratch and Dent bags
 
We occasionally make panniers that have receive scratches, dents, dings etc before we sell them. .
We're gonna post available bags on an irregular basis in this thread.
If you don't see what you want, check back, or call direct. We're cleaning out some of our storage, and stuff comes and goes pretty quick.

Jesse Luggage
623 878 7113

Jesse Luggage 11-26-2012 10:02 AM

We've got set of "Scratch and Dent" Odyssey 1 bags that needs new home.
We DO NOT have any mount systems for these bags.
These are 8" black bags without the underhang. Just a flat back with a small cutaway toward the front.
These would be good if you're looking to build your own mount system.
Cost is $550US plus shipping.

http://noshoes.smugmug.com/Motorcycl...dy_1_002-M.jpg


Jesse Luggage
623 878 7113

EvanADV 01-15-2013 12:54 PM

Subscribed, I have ammo cans mounted to my DL650 VStrom Odyssey II racks right now. Would love a set of your bags if you ever have some.

Mr. Canoehead 01-15-2013 05:01 PM

I got a S&D full size left side bag for my GSA a few years ago. I could barely find the scratch or the dent - great deal.

soph9 01-15-2013 05:33 PM

what about the Triumph Tiger 800 XC promo bags Al?

Jesse Luggage 01-16-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanADV (Post 20491569)
Subscribed, I have ammo cans mounted to my DL650 VStrom Odyssey II racks right now. Would love a set of your bags if you ever have some.


Give a call, there's for sure two sets of charcoal, and one set of back in the pile. Cost for scratch and dent bags only, no mounts, is $550 plus shipping.

623 878 7113

EvanADV 01-29-2013 08:25 PM

Mine are on the way as of today! Great service from Alycia. Can't wait to get em mounted in place of my big heavy redneck ammo cans.

Unstable Rider 01-30-2013 06:26 AM

I was just admiring some bare aluminum "Safari" boxes on your web site, under scratch n dent.

Can you direct me to a page where as I can view these with size and price options (non-damaged)?

I dont need hardware, just looking at cans at this time.

I do appreciate that most folks would probably be purchasing can racks at the same time as they buy "cans", but I found your site a tad bit confusaled if one is just shopping for "can-matter" alone, for the DIY guy that has his own can-racks, I want to see all of the can options, prices and sizes, and make my own determination as to what I select without being nitched by bike model, if that makes sense.

Jesse Luggage 01-30-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unstable Rider (Post 20608484)
I was just admiring some bare aluminum "Safari" boxes on your web site, under scratch n dent. Can you direct me to a page where as I can view these with size and price options (non-damaged)?.......

Hi Unstable, I'm afraid that page doesn't exist. Those bags on the scratch and dent page of the website, have been gone for awhile. Also, fyi, those bags are silver powdercoated, not bare aluminum. If you PM me with a specific size and shape, I'll try to take some pix and find you a price. Another fyi, safaris run a couple hundred $ more than Odyssey II bags. There's also a couple sets of Ody 1 bags further back in this thread.

Jesse Luggage
623 878 7113

groop 01-30-2013 08:15 AM

Bought a set of these S&D Odyssey II bags and they were delivered within a few days. Honestly, the only imperfection was a slight powder coating blemish that is only noticable under the right lighting. I have nothing but kudos for the customer service that Alycia provided and the quality of the components that the guys in the fabrication department have assembled.

My only words or caution are to read not only the included instructions, but also those that are offered free by JVB and others on this forum BEFORE you swap Varios of the Jesses

EvanADV 02-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groop (Post 20609262)
Bought a set of these S&D Odyssey II bags and they were delivered within a few days. Honestly, the only imperfection was a slight powder coating blemish that is only noticable under the right lighting. I have nothing but kudos for the customer service that Alycia provided and the quality of the components that the guys in the fabrication department have assembled.

My only words or caution are to read not only the included instructions, but also those that are offered free by JVB and others on this forum BEFORE you swap Varios of the Jesses

I agree wholeheartedly. Got mine yesterday. Hardly noticable powdercoating blemish.

Instructions were terrible. Figured it out.

Bye Bye ammo cans!

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-dHCdS6q-L.jpg

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-2tqNqgk-L.jpg

seniorasi 02-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanADV (Post 20656990)
I agree wholeheartedly. Got mine yesterday. Hardly noticable powdercoating blemish.

Instructions were terrible. Figured it out.

Bye Bye ammo cans!

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-dHCdS6q-L.jpg

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-2tqNqgk-L.jpg

Looks like you had more room in the ammo cans...

soph9 02-11-2013 01:16 PM

Don't let the Jesse's fool you...the top lid with a liner gives you more space in the panniers than you think....also, Jesse looks that much nicer on a bike. :D

EvanADV 02-11-2013 02:24 PM

For my purposes, the capacity was essentially the same. Looks, fit and finish, etc all GREATLY improved.

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-PcXCzkc-L.jpg

http://dixoncreations.smugmug.com/ph...-WtD6ZSg-S.jpg

JimVonBaden 02-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanADV (Post 20656990)
I agree wholeheartedly. Got mine yesterday. Hardly noticable powdercoating blemish.

Instructions were terrible. Figured it out.

Bye Bye ammo cans!



Were the instructions you used made by me? If so, what needs improvement?

Jim :brow


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014