ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   EMEA (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   seeking for company to ride through Morocco, Alger, Tunis (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846539)

bliev 12-06-2012 10:54 AM

seeking for company to ride through Morocco, Alger, Tunis

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for the company of enthusiasts who are planning to have a trip through Northern African countries (Morocco, Alger, Tunis) in 2013.

I live in Moscow, Russia and will travel to Spain (probably this is the most popular entry point to Marocco) myself before joining the team. After visiting Africa, once we get to Europe, I will also ride back to Moscow on my own.

There are not so many enthusiasts in Russia who can or are interested in a such trip (seriously I could not find anyone), therefore I'm looking for that internationally. I'm 34 y o, communicative and friendly. I'm a Medical Doctor by training, but not practicing for 9 years, however still that is a plus I think. I speak English fluently and also Spanish at intermediate level. Also I can meet with you for discussion of the trip details flying to your country sometime in advance, or we can discuss it via Skype or both or any other convenient option.

I ride Yamaha SuperTenere XTZ1200, beginner to intermediate offroad skills. Have vast experience in long distance riding.

I'm flexible in the time for that trip, but I can not start before April (because of winter in Russia) and would like "African part" (i.e. timeframe between entry and leave Africa) to be not longer than 3 weeks.

Thanks, guys. Hope to find someone who loves fun, bikes, Africa and meeting new people. :D

Alex

Seppo 12-06-2012 11:26 AM

hey alex

i don´t have time to come with you on your trip, but i have a question about it. do you have a visa for alger? i´ve read that it is hard to get into this country and if you get in, you might need a guide.

cheers
josef

bliev 12-06-2012 11:37 AM

hi
Russian citizens require visa, but this should not be a problem
in regard to a guide: I work for multinational company and I've spoken to one of our Algerian folks. He has said that "an insider" may be required, i.e. one of the locals who should not necessarily be a guide
from another hand, he told me that traveling through Alger is safe

hope that helps, but this is a good question for me to follow up

WIBO 12-06-2012 12:38 PM

Reference Morocco...

You'll not need a guide in Morocco IMO..........and the border is always in dispute between Algeria and Maroc....don't know if you can ride from one country into the next...

A lot of people you'll meet will speak English or French...

If you have a look at my recent ride report you'll find some information on routes/costs...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841901

After April is a fine time to ride there....not so hot as is would be in July/August etc....

Leave from Algeciras Spain to Tanger Med.........turn up and buy a ticket.....approx €83 return for one moto and one rider...

If you need to know anything more just ask or PM me....

Have a good trip.....

Regards

:D

Seppo 12-06-2012 01:27 PM

you should check out the HUBB, lots of information over there. i´ve just looked around and found a thread about a trip like yours. they say it may be difficult to get into the country with the bike. the border between morocco and alger seems to be open only for moroccan and algerian citizens. but having someone "inside" may help.

here´s a link to the thread: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...h-africa-67028

wheatwhacker 12-07-2012 12:11 PM

I'm doing this in January. I may wait if you need company

WIBO 12-07-2012 12:29 PM

A good ride-out to ride Wheatwhacker.......not too expensive and a good introduction to Africa for sure ....

(best way to do it of course is to go with an Irishman who'll do nothing but slag you with good banter and craic,he says knowingly lol)....

We broke the last American we went with lol

Seriously though....go for it and profit from it when you can.....if you need a place to stay in France en route ping me ....

Pecha72 12-07-2012 01:11 PM

How do you plan to cross the Morocco-Algeria border?

bliev 12-07-2012 01:54 PM

hi guys, thanks for responses

2 wheatwhacker: if you can postpone till April, than it is ok for me. have you done any route planning already?

2 pecha72: the border may be a problem, I agree, i'm currently investigating that with Algerian fellows, hope to get answer soon, especially regarding motorbike import. on another hand, as I understand, countries to the south from Marocco-Alger-Tunisia and Libya are not safe. once i get any response to your question I will post it here

WIBO 12-07-2012 02:10 PM

You could have a look here etc...

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...=9&keywordid=1

Usually good for info...

Channey 12-07-2012 04:24 PM

It is a pity that you are travelling in 2013. I am planning to ride across North Africa and the Middle East in early 2014. It would be great to have a riding buddy part of the way.

wheatwhacker 12-08-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliev (Post 20199804)
hi guys, thanks for responses

2 wheatwhacker: if you can postpone till April, than it is ok for me. have you done any route planning already?

2 pecha72: the border may be a problem, I agree, i'm currently investigating that with Algerian fellows, hope to get answer soon, especially regarding motorbike import. on another hand, as I understand, countries to the south from Marocco-Alger-Tunisia and Libya are not safe. once i get any response to your question I will post it here

Sorry man. I can do February at the latest. I now have to work around an agricultural schedule and April is peak planting season

bliev 12-15-2012 05:26 AM

2 Channey: where exactly do you plan to go? Generally beginning of 2014 also ok for me.

Motoentusiast 12-20-2012 09:30 PM

Moscow is calling!

Hey,

I live in Moscow, too. Was planning to ride Morocco in the end of April 2013.

bliev 12-22-2012 10:36 PM

Hi, check personal messages box

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoentusiast (Post 20297747)
Hey,

I live in Moscow, too. Was planning to ride Morocco in the end of April 2013.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:32 AM.