ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   N.Y. Motorcycle show (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849712)

oldmanb777 12-19-2012 07:23 AM

N.Y. Motorcycle show

Does anybody go to this? I was in Newark last year and went. I will be there again this year on that weekend. So since I have to be in Newark, might as well go. Last year the crowd seemed real interested in the ADV bikes.

BERZERKOWITZ 12-19-2012 09:18 AM

There's a motorcycle show in N.Y.? Who knew? :eek1

pvangel 12-19-2012 09:48 AM

I go mostly for the warm beer($8.00) and cold hot dogs($7.00) and $40.00 parking fees but has become a tradition so we go every year. When is it this year? (have to start $aving for it:D)

Detale 12-19-2012 11:22 AM

I go to the car show almost every year but this year will be the first MC show at the javits i attend.I usually hit up the smaller custom shows like the Brooklyn invitational and genuine motorworks events. Things like that. As long as it doesnt snow or ice up I'll prob ride there also.

oldmanb777 12-19-2012 11:29 AM

January 18,19,20. I'll be on the Path from Ironbound. No parking issues. Hot beer, cold dogs and crowds, does sound like a lot of fun :eek1 But maybe (or maybe not) some biker babes.:D

dirtybike 12-19-2012 04:45 PM

Bike parking?

Did they end the bike parking last year? Previously, you could park on the sidewalk/plaza near the entrance. No bikes there last year. Just wondering if it's a permanent change?

RoadkillSix0One 12-19-2012 05:51 PM

will be there

I am planning on going this year. Wife wants to get a new Lid...

If it nice I will ride and park in one of the garages near by. Fun to ride through the Holland and head up the westside..

racermx66 12-20-2012 09:29 PM

The show is geared more for the Harley crowd, but they do have dirt/sport bike gear and it's cool to see all the bikes in one place. It's fun to go to and make a day out of it in Manhattan.

Fireball 12-20-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racermx66 (Post 20297744)
The show is geared more for the Harley crowd, but they do have dirt/sport bike gear and it's cool to see all the bikes in one place. It's fun to go to and make a day out of it in Manhattan.

You must be thinking of a different show. This show is all brands, slanted toward none in particular

Speedo66 12-21-2012 05:57 AM

I think he's referring to the venders, which seem to be heavily slanted towards the pirate crowd. Each one is mostly leather crap, and they all seem to have the same stuff.

The balance of the vendors seem to carry urban hooligan crap, videos of morans doing wheelies up city streets.

There are the occasional actual motorcycle gear kiosks, and Gerbings usually has a kiosk with show specials.

If you're looking for a helmet, Arai and Shoei usually have a stand where you can try on all their different models for size and shape. Then order it on line of course for the best price. :lol3

BERZERKOWITZ 12-21-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedo66 (Post 20299096)
i think he's referring to the venders, which seem to be heavily slanted towards the pirate crowd. Each one is mostly leather crap, and they all seem to have the same stuff.

The balance of the vendors seem to carry urban hooligan crap, videos of morans doing wheelies up city streets.

There are the occasional actual motorcycle gear kiosks, and gerbings usually has a kiosk with show specials.

If you're looking for a helmet, arai and shoei usually have a stand where you can try on all their different models for size and shape. Then order it on line of course for the best price. :lol3

fail!

Monsignore 12-21-2012 11:29 AM

I believe he was referring to Erin Moran. She's fallen into pretty hard times these days. I wouldn't put stunting above her to try to get outta the trailerpark.

BERZERKOWITZ 12-21-2012 12:02 PM

:lol3

racermx66 12-23-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 20297982)
You must be thinking of a different show. This show is all brands, slanted toward none in particular

I was thinking the vendors are more toward the Harley crowd. They definitely out number the dirt bike vendors. Lots of black leather and half helmets!

feline 12-24-2012 07:22 AM

We go every year. One of the local dealers runs a bus trip every year, so it's a nice ride with no worrying about parking. We usually leave the show for a bit to walk around and find lunch and a beer or two.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:44 AM.