ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NORRA Mexican 1000 - 2013 Rules / Updates (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850575)

Anders Green 12-23-2012 11:43 AM

NORRA Mexican 1000 - 2013 Rules / Updates

http://norra.smugmug.com/2012Mexican...go-400x400.png

The 2013 rules have been posted:

http://norra.com/mexican1000.php

Note that I split them into two different sections:
  1. The General Rules - all the stuff about timing, penalties, and the structure of the event
  2. Vehicle Rules - everything related to classes, bike prep, et cetera

All in all, with the editing I did, the rule book is about 60 pages shorter than last year, so enjoy not reading as much. :deal :lol3

Cheers!
Anders

wrk2surf 12-23-2012 12:17 PM

Maybe 2013 will be the year with a superspecial.. Great work AG !

frog 12-23-2012 01:08 PM

Did I read it wrong or is there no place for 525/530 ktm's?

wrk2surf 12-23-2012 01:23 PM

MLO ... Open class

frog 12-23-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrk2surf (Post 20314883)
MLO ... Open class

Got it. Should have not tried to read that on my phone. :D

crankshaft 12-23-2012 07:34 PM

Great job on the rules Anders, they look good!

c.vestal 12-23-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crankshaft (Post 20317162)
Great job on the rules Anders, they look good!

Agree! Great work.

drc42 12-24-2012 03:58 PM

Anders,

Curious as to the thoughts behind having both the ML400 (up to 400cc 1985 and newer) and MRR450 Rally Raid. Are there going to be more specifics as to what dictates a "Rally Raid" motorcycle?

Also, I see just as last year there is a note about GPS trackers being attached to the vehicles. They had that in the rules last year but didn't actually use them. Curious if they plan on doing that this year. Could open up some more opportunities to have the roadbook divert some from the GPS track so that people navigating by roadbook could get some sort of bonus (verified by the tracker). There was talk of this last year but due to logistics and manpower they (understandably) didn't do any special navigation bonus.

Anders Green 12-24-2012 06:52 PM

MRR450 is to keep dakar pros from coming in and wiping the floor with everyone else on historic bikes, and also to give people building bikes to dakar size/spec a spot.

Cheers!
Anders

Anders

drc42 12-24-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Green (Post 20323063)
MRR450 is to keep dakar pros from coming in and wiping the floor with everyone else on historic bikes, and also to give people building bikes to dakar size/spec a spot.

Cheers!
Anders

Anders

So if Octavio enters again we will be on the same class. Might need to bore my Yamaha to 451cc just to avoid that!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

crankshaft 12-24-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc42 (Post 20323237)
So if Octavio enters again we will be on the same class. Might need to bore my Yamaha to 451cc just to avoid that!

I thought he was running Dakar this year...or next year... you know what I mean:lol3

pedrodepacas 12-24-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc42 (Post 20323237)

I have a 450x Honda Europe kit like Ocavio's that is available. It's in good shape. PM if interested.

roadracer 12-26-2012 02:41 PM

Couple comments/questions on the updated rules:

"9.5. Starting Order for the first Special Stage each day after the first will be based, not on the results, but rather on the modified average speed of each entrant. The average speeds for each stage are computed. Some stages will be thrown out in an effort to ignore anomalies (such as stages where a racer was stuck in a ditch for four hours), and the remaining “good” stages are averaged together. These calculations are based on all previous days, to get the best possible picture of the representative speed of each vehicle. The racers are then ranked with the highest result first and lowest result last. No penalty times are included when determining the mid-rally start orders."

Seems unfair to penalize the folks who didn't have a mechanical/bad section once the race has started, however minor that penalty.

"10.4.1.4. Starting out of sequence at a stage with a published start order: 10 minutes."

How is this going to work in practice? As long as you get there 5 seconds before your start time, you're good? Do you have to be there the full 60 minutes early and lined up?

One thing that looks like it's missing:

1) You have to turn in your timecard at the finish line of each day with no exceptions or you max out.

Looking forward to '13 and electronic scoring! =)

Baja Dad 12-26-2012 03:26 PM

10.4.1.4. Starting out of sequence at a stage with a published start order: 10 minutes."

I think this is ment for the Start of each day ( not Stage)

Strong Bad 12-26-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadracer (Post 20332663)
Couple comments/questions on the updated rules:

"9.5. Starting Order for the first Special Stage each day after the first will be based, not on the results, but rather on the modified average speed of each entrant. The average speeds for each stage are computed. Some stages will be thrown out in an effort to ignore anomalies (such as stages where a racer was stuck in a ditch for four hours), and the remaining “good” stages are averaged together. These calculations are based on all previous days, to get the best possible picture of the representative speed of each vehicle. The racers are then ranked with the highest result first and lowest result last. No penalty times are included when determining the mid-rally start orders."

Seems unfair to penalize the folks who didn't have a mechanical/bad section once the race has started, however minor that penalty.

Actually it is safer to have everyone that typically runs at the same pace running together. You really want Robby Gordon working his way though everyone after he has one of his typical brain farts? (Actually Rubby won't be there this next race but still....)

Quote:

"10.4.1.4. Starting out of sequence at a stage with a published start order: 10 minutes."

How is this going to work in practice? As long as you get there 5 seconds before your start time, you're good? Do you have to be there the full 60 minutes early and lined up?

Published start time would be at the first stage of the day. I don't know about the rest of you question as all of the stages I navigated in we were leading overall, we simply drove to the front of the line, presented our paperwork on time, and off we went!
Quote:

One thing that looks like it's missing:

1) You have to turn in your timecard at the finish line of each day with no exceptions or you max out.

Looking forward to '13 and electronic scoring! =)

The official time is also written on the sticker on the vehicle.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:26 PM.