ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2013 IndyCar thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851410)

wxwax 12-27-2012 07:13 PM

2013 IndyCar thread

Rubens Barrichello couldn't put a financing package together after finishing 12th in points in his rookie season in IndyCar.

So he's moving to Brazil's domestic V8 stock car series. Sounds like it's a vibrant series and it attracts good drivers. It has a large contingent of ex-IndyCar drivers and for Rubens, it's a chance to race at home for a change. Good for him.

wxwax 12-27-2012 07:21 PM

After bringing in two other engine manufacturers IndyCar saw just one supplier dominate the season (tho not the biggest race.)

So it's nice to hear that Honda saying they're pleased with their off-season development. I don't really care about one or the other, I just don't like one engine dominating the series. With luck, Honda will claw back and make this season more competitive.

wxwax 01-23-2013 08:50 PM

Well, they're trying things. But this feels a little screwy.

Two double-header races, Toronto and Houston.

But that's not all.

At each event, Qualy for Race 1 is on Friday, and it's the normal 3 stage elimination. Qualy for race 2 is on Saturday morning, a half-hour run with lap times determining position.

But that's not all.

Race 1 will have a standing start. Race 2 will have a rolling start.

Maybe they can have the drivers do a 3-legged race between events, too.

Dirt2007 01-24-2013 08:12 AM

It's kinda sad. I've been an open wheel fan since I was a kid (almost 40 years) but I hardly even keep up with Indy cars anymore. I hope they can put out a good product although I'm not very optomistic. I really miss the Champ Car days. On a positive note, I hope to make a race this year.

wxwax 01-24-2013 06:45 PM

I'll admit to being bitter that they fired Randy Bernard. Complicating things is that I've tended to support Andretti drivers, but I think fathead Michael was holding one of the knives in Bernard's back, so I'm done with him (not that anybody cares.)

I'm going to root for Simona De Silvestro and hope this season isn't too depressing.

RedRocket 01-27-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wxwax (Post 20568274)
I'll admit to being bitter that they fired Randy Bernard. Complicating things is that I've tended to support Andretti drivers, but I think fathead Michael was holding one of the knives in Bernard's back, so I'm done with him (not that anybody cares.)

I'm going to root for Simona De Silvestro and hope this season isn't too depressing.

I'm debating subscribing to this thread.

Wallace 01-30-2013 12:33 PM

On another note it seems Mr. Judd is no longer. Congrats to him.....

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/relations...022159727.html

wxwax 01-30-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

The “Kiss the Girls” star revealed to Redbook in February of 2010 that the couple strengthened their relationship with a daily “appreciation exercise.”

“The point is, we're always so quick to say, 'That hurt my feelings,' so how about being as quick to say, 'I really appreciated it when you turned the TV down so we could hear each other.' Dario and I do an appreciation every day,” Judd said, explaining that the point of the exercise was to ensure that “even when one is cross, to get some gratitude on board.”
Yeah, that sounds like something a race car driver would enjoy. :lol3

wxwax 02-10-2013 09:35 PM

Mr. Barfield has made a good decision. Fuel economy racing was really boring.

Quote:

IndyCar has adjusted the race distances for four of its 2013 events to try and ensure flat-out racing rather than fuel-economy runs.

The St Petersburg, Milwaukee and Mid-Ohio rounds will be increased by 10, 25 and five laps respectively.

Long Beach drops from 85 to 80 laps, making the race just 157.4 miles in distance.

Race director Beaux Barfield believes revised race lengths should make fuel-saving strategies less viable at those venues.

"Changing the distances at these races will hopefully eliminate the strategy of saving fuel from the drop of the green flag," said Barfield.

"That will enable our teams and drivers to race hard for the full distance and improve the events' entertainment value for the fans."

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:22 PM.