ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Soccer Thread V1: Klinsmann for Gold? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852562)

Bshelton 01-02-2013 02:07 AM

Soccer Thread V1: Klinsmann for Gold?
 
Hi guys, just seeing if anyone on here enjoys some soccer banter at all. I'll start out, I support Liverpool and its been a rough year so far. Hoping this transfer window see's us get some much needed quality up front. Ah also some talking points:

Man Utd are scum
Can Harry Redknapp pull off another miracle with QPR
And in spite of the first point Gary Neville is the greatest pundit/analyst on the air right now.

Bshelton 01-02-2013 08:47 PM

No one? No one on these forums like soccer?

mancunian 01-05-2013 04:37 AM

You mean football
 
Hello brother from across the pond, Harry seems to be doing ok but Benitez is the big surprise !

mikem9 01-05-2013 07:30 PM

I'm a convert.

At first I was very disappointed that LIverpool didn't land Clint Dempsey. But, looks like the Spurs are doing well now and he's starting to show better there. I think he would have been a good fit at Liverpool though.

Icewalker 01-06-2013 09:39 AM

:cry 6th place ..... no trophies for a good few years now. And everyone keeps jumping ship. On the bright side I don't think Arsenal is in any debt unlike quite a few of the teams in the premier league

Bshelton 01-08-2013 07:01 PM

This is true! IDK how all the FFP rules are going to affect big spending teams. They may just get around them like City's big "sponsorship".

Also agree with the surprise Rafa. But with money Rafa could be deadly, he's a top manager.

In transfers I'm glad Liverpool picked up Sturridge, I think if his attitude can be controlled he will be a great signing, plus he's versatile.

mancunian 01-12-2013 03:15 AM

big game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bshelton (Post 20376080)
Hi guys, just seeing if anyone on here enjoys some soccer banter at all. I'll start out, I support Liverpool and its been a rough year so far. Hoping this transfer window see's us get some much needed quality up front. Ah also some talking points:

Man Utd are scum
Can Harry Redknapp pull off another miracle with QPR
And in spite of the first point Gary Neville is the greatest pundit/analyst on the air right now.

Man utd Liverpool tomorrow brother:wink:

JNRobert 01-12-2013 12:29 PM

The original Thread football/soccer has been a dead subject here, unfortunately (except for the big tournaments like the Euros and World Cup).

mancunian 01-14-2013 10:07 AM

thanks
 
been reading through interesting:wink:

Bshelton 01-14-2013 01:05 PM

Welp, Man Utd beat Liverpool very deservedly. Liverpool were terrible in the first half, but the second was much much better. I think Daniel Sturridge is going to be a great signing for us. The game completely opened up when we had three forwards instead of 2 wingers and Suarez in the middle. But credit to Utd, they got the goals and thats all that really matters. Also credit to Howard Webb as I think he did a fantastic job officiating this game.

wxwax 01-14-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bshelton (Post 20482189)
Welp, Man Utd beat Liverpool very deservedly. Liverpool were terrible in the first half, but the second was much much better. I think Daniel Sturridge is going to be a great signing for us. The game completely opened up when we had three forwards instead of 2 wingers and Suarez in the middle. But credit to Utd, they got the goals and thats all that really matters. Also credit to Howard Webb as I think he did a fantastic job officiating this game.

You saw all there was to see in Sturridge yesterday. Blazing speed, gets in good positions, shoots from terrible angles, profligate, selfish, doesn't pass to an open Suarez, doesn't smile when he scores. He's never happy, it seems. Not sure he'll ever change, but you never know.

JNRobert 01-17-2013 12:35 AM

Guardiola goes to Bayern. Not surprising he turned down the fruitcake who own Chelsea (although I thnk Benitez is doing a good job there and should stay). The EPL is heading to trouble with its unsustainable mega-owners and Sep might just build a club that can rival Barcelona with the much more sane German league model.

Bshelton 01-17-2013 06:59 PM

I have high hopes for Sturridge. I'd rather he took shots from crazy angles than not take them at all like all our other players. Hes a nice burst of speed and lets Suarez move away from defenders. I also have high hopes for Fabio Borini. I think he can become a very good player and has great off the ball movement, which is something we DESPERATELY need.

Mercury264 01-18-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNRobert (Post 20505608)
Guardiola goes to Bayern. Not surprising he turned down the fruitcake who own Chelsea (although I thnk Benitez is doing a good job there and should stay). The EPL is heading to trouble with its unsustainable mega-owners and Sep might just build a club that can rival Barcelona with the much more sane German league model.

+1

Well, apart from the Benitez bit...

Talking of Chelski, why the heck in the world would you allow Lampard to leave the club ? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Mercury264 01-18-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bshelton (Post 20512521)
I have high hopes for Sturridge. I'd rather he took shots from crazy angles than not take them at all like all our other players. Hes a nice burst of speed and lets Suarez move away from defenders. I also have high hopes for Fabio Borini. I think he can become a very good player and has great off the ball movement, which is something we DESPERATELY need.

I hope he turns out to be a good buy - Liverpool have wasted way too much money on mediocre players in the past.

Did you see the reports about Suarez admitting he dived in the game against Stoke ? I've supported Liverpool for a very very long time and I have to say, I'd sooner Suarez left tomorrow. He really is an odious little shit and I'd sooner we lose without him than win by him cheating. He's destroying the great legacy of Liverpool and I wish we'd never signed him.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014