ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   super enduro (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852922)

bradluke0 01-03-2013 10:36 AM

super enduro

Hi all ! A freind of mine has a 2008 950 superenduro I am interested in . It only has 550 miles on it and is in like new condition . He has only run ethynol gas in it and some stabilizer . Is there anything special I should look for ? Is there anything weird about this bike ? The book shows $7800 in excellent condition , does this sound right? thx in advance everyone !

cjracer 01-03-2013 10:56 AM

Sounds like a great deal. But if you have an address, I might just need to swing by and "check it out".

:evil

Good luck, they are great bikes.

yuu 01-03-2013 11:05 AM

There's some known issues on the 950

http://www.ktm950.info/how/ktm_950_issues.html

So there's some preventative steps to take early on to save yourself some headaches later. And the fork oil should do for a change out as it does age out.

charlie264 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradluke0 (Post 20386508)
Hi all ! A freind of mine has a 2008 950 superenduro I am interested in . It only has 550 miles on it and is in like new condition . He has only run ethynol gas in it and some stabilizer . Is there anything special I should look for ? Is there anything weird about this bike ? The book shows $7800 in excellent condition , does this sound right? thx in advance everyone !

Yeh, keep it quite...If you're not buying then someone here will pull his arm out of the socket.

Fork oil will be fine, only gets dirty when used and has a shelf life of 65000000 years.

Afry 01-03-2013 01:10 PM

Can't go by "book" on these bikes. He could do at least a grand better on this site with only 550 miles. Worst case scenario you might have to do a quick carb clean - maybe just the pilot jets but maybe not if stabilizer was used. I already have one but I'd buy it just to have my next bike in reserve. So go make a deal!

High Country Herb 01-03-2013 01:54 PM

I've read posts from people on advrider who are really looking for the Super Enduro, and can't find one. It is the holy grail of dual sporting. :tb

RogerDe 01-03-2013 04:37 PM

Yes,it's a 425 lb 90+ Horsepower Dirt Bike that will make you grin:D everytime you climb aboard the Beast. Need to buy extra tire's for her it loves rubber...Never will sell mine it's Awesome.....Ride On...

mountain eagle 01-03-2013 04:47 PM

You really should fill out your profile.............

That way people would know if they have a chance to hunt around locally and poach it out from under you............. :lol3

Geek 01-03-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountain eagle (Post 20389074)
You really should fill out your profile.............

That way people would know if they have a chance to hunt around locally and poach it out from under you............. :lol3

I know I checked to see if he was local :rofl

GSingWI 01-04-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geek (Post 20389121)
I know I checked to see if he was local :rofl

:lol3

Me too!

I need another for back up...
Just in case a buddy wants to ride the best bike ever made

scottrnelson 01-04-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High Country Herb (Post 20387900)
I've read posts from people on advrider who are really looking for the Super Enduro, and can't find one. It is the holy grail of dual sporting. :tb

I would happily trade my 990 Adv for one.

I can remember looking at a new one at a KTM dealer a few years ago before I became a KTM owner and thought that it looked like a very fun bike, but where would you ride it? Now that I'm closer to good places to ride it and understand how such a bike works on paved roads, I'm thinking it would just plain be a fun bike. I may have to get more serious about searching for one.

bradluke0 01-04-2013 12:43 PM

Hi all ! Good to hear it's such a great bike . Luckily the known issues don't affect the 2008 model too much . It also has a full titanium exhaust and saddlebags . The bike is not advertised anywhere and hopefully he will soon agree to sell it to me . He is going to call the dealer and ask what it is truely worth . I bought a 450exc from him a few years ago and the way I got him to sell it to me was to show up at his house with my trailer and cash. I told him yesterday " don't make me show up with my trailer" we both got a good laugh . Thanks again for the great info everybody . ( If I posted my location nobody here would try to pull the rug out , would you? )

scottrnelson 01-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradluke0 (Post 20395336)
( If I posted my location nobody here would try to pull the rug out , would you? )

If it's Northern California, I would. :wave

Not really. :lol3

Afry 01-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradluke0 (Post 20395336)
Hi all ! Good to hear it's such a great bike . Luckily the known issues don't affect the 2008 model too much . It also has a full titanium exhaust and saddlebags . The bike is not advertised anywhere and hopefully he will soon agree to sell it to me . He is going to call the dealer and ask what it is truely worth . I bought a 450exc from him a few years ago and the way I got him to sell it to me was to show up at his house with my trailer and cash. I told him yesterday " don't make me show up with my trailer" we both got a good laugh . Thanks again for the great info everybody . ( If I posted my location nobody here would try to pull the rug out , would you? )

I don't know about the 2008 model not having known issues. My 08 had the POS point equipped fuel pump that was about to die @ 4k miles. Me thinks they were all made at the same time and sat in inventory until sold - the later years just rebadged. Luckily the known issues are really not a big deal to fix.

Questor 01-04-2013 03:22 PM

Gahh!!!
MUST RESIST!
Don't need two Super Enduros.....

There great bikes if you like having your arms ripped from your shoulders and have huge testicles.

Q~

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:45 PM.