ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trials (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Need a numbers check on premix please. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852972)

rotorhead511 01-03-2013 04:05 PM

Need a numbers check on premix please.

I'm new to 2T's and would like a check of my premix.

Running 80:1 in my '04 GasGas and I added 47mL to one gallon of gas. I think that's 1.6 ozs.

Did I do my math right?

Thanks.

laser17 01-03-2013 04:14 PM

You are correct. :thumb

rotorhead511 01-03-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks Laser.

Gordy 01-03-2013 08:23 PM

I've always used a Ratio Rite just to be sure. I am mixing gas at different ratios for different bikes.

And the there are calculators like this out there:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

Welcome to the world of 2Ts! :clap

lineaway 01-03-2013 09:38 PM

I to have always used a ratio rite( well baby bottles before they were invented). Been mixing the same way for 20 years. (Never did pay much mind to all those lines). Then Lazer tells the noob that he`s right and I`m wrong! Guess I`ll find something `new` to screw up in my bad habits!

nwcycle 01-03-2013 10:15 PM

Ways to check

Ratio rites are awesome, if possible buy the cover too...
I use a used lucas fuel inj/gas additive bottle to fill the oil area, it has the pointed nozzle and you dont have to screw with a funnel. also you can put your oil level mark on it and cap it. its the fastest cleanest way I have used.......

toro618 01-04-2013 06:41 AM

Using ratio rite, I mix 40:1 for 1 gallon and then add another 1 gallon into the mix. This will give you 80:1 in a 2 gallon jug.

motorcyclemark 01-04-2013 08:30 AM

That's exactly how I do it as well Toro, kinda like guessing for the one gallon mark on the ratio-rite for 80:1 since there is no mark for it.

laser17 01-04-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lineaway (Post 20390795)
I to have always used a ratio rite( well baby bottles before they were invented). Been mixing the same way for 20 years. (Never did pay much mind to all those lines). Then Lazer tells the noob that he`s right and I`m wrong! Guess I`ll find something `new` to screw up in my bad habits!

I never said you screwed up. Your real world answer is perfect. Easy to remember, easy to find the line, ect...but I wanted to set the record straight on how to calculate a simple ratio. I know you know your shit, so I apologize if I came off as a know it all. Im far from it - have plenty to learn from others such as yourself. I do think folks are too dependent on ratio rites though.

Sting32 01-04-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclemark (Post 20392949)
That's exactly how I do it as well Toro, kinda like guessing for the one gallon mark on the ratio-rite for 80:1 since there is no mark for it.

EDIT: (crap just noticed that TORO already mentioned this)...

"However there is a shortcut..." (black bear road, CW McCall)

Well, you don't have to guess anymore! THis is how I use my cup.

FOR 80:1
You know RR cup has 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 gallon markings, on the one side, RIGHT?

Well what you do is, easy math. for any of the gallon amounts marked on the cup, Just fill
your cup up for 40:1, but dump that into double the amount of FUEL.

example: I have 3 gallons of gas in my can, ready to add oil to.
I find the 1.5 gallon marks, fill to 40:1. Dump that into my 3 gallons. VIOLA, 80:1 in 3 gallon.

All you MUST DO is remember the least amount of gas you can easily mix, is 2 gallons.
which if you need JUST ONE GALLON, you just mark the cup on the Ounces side, Right!??
DONE.

More explaining:

you need to know the "half" of what you are making, half the total gallons you are making, half the ratio.
Then you find that on the RR cup. 80:1 means you find 40:1 on the cup, if you are making 2 gallons,
then you use the 1 gallon marks on the CUP

What is nice is with this method, then you can make 2-6 gallons (DOUBLE what is marked on top of the cup),
without knowing how many ounces for each different total amount of fuel you need.
When you only want 1 (ONE) gallon, then you have 1.6 ounces,
that is marked on the other side of the CUP! RITE???? LOL

lineaway 01-04-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laser17 (Post 20393310)
I never said you screwed up. Your real world answer is perfect. Easy to remember, easy to find the line, ect...but I wanted to set the record straight on how to calculate a simple ratio. I know you know your shit, so I apologize if I came off as a know it all. Im far from it - have plenty to learn from others such as yourself. I do think folks are too dependent on ratio rites though.

I`m sure back in `92 when I got my purple zero I was just too chicken to run 100:1. So 85:1 was easy enough to remember and I`ve mixed it that way ever since. No apology ever needed, especially in an oil thread. Opinions get just crazy!!:clap:rofl:D

laser17 01-04-2013 12:01 PM

:beer
Quote:

Originally Posted by lineaway (Post 20394373)
I`m sure back in `92 when I got my purple zero I was just too chicken to run 100:1. So 85:1 was easy enough to remember and I`ve mixed it that way ever since. No apology ever needed, especially in an oil thread. Opinions get just crazy!!:clap:rofl:D

Ymirtrials 01-05-2013 09:30 AM

Has anyone ever used on of these accumix jug? They are real easy and no math required, all the common mix ratios are marked on the small reservoir in 'units' 1 through 10 so you just pour in the oil to the desired unit marking, pour fuel in the large reservoir to the corresponding unit mark put the caps on and mix.... fantastic little item!
[URL="http://www.accu-products.com/accu-products-specialties/accu-mix-fuel-jug/prod_3016.html"[/URL]

lineaway 01-05-2013 09:52 AM

http://www.accu-products.com/accu-pr...prod_3016.html

No I have not used one, somebodys trick idea. Unfortunately it stops at 50:1. On the other hand my ratio rite has outlasted many a gas can!:D

Gordy 01-05-2013 09:58 AM

As we sink into the depths of winter..............:rofl

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:49 PM.