ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   College Football 2013 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854013)

Jurgen 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

College Football 2013

Alabama with a mighty performance is the King.

For once, and just for NativeSon, we actually start the College Football thread in the year it is titled. :lol3

So let's hear your College Football predictions/thoughts/rants/peeves/cheers/cheerleader pics for 2013.

Contrary to popular believe you don't have to cheer for SEC (I still can't find that college in google) to post here.

Go Burrowing Owls :clap

Go Green Wave :clap

Go Volunteers :clap

Go Rams :clap

Go Lobos :freaky

Jurgen 01-07-2013 09:24 PM

Open up 2013 with TCU which was underclassmen heavy vs Louisiana State in Jerry World.

Jurgen would like to be there.

Jurgen needs to find a woman who can keep him in a lifestyle which he would find acceptable.

bobobob 01-07-2013 09:26 PM

Oregon 56 - Alabama 49.

Jurgen 01-07-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobobob (Post 20424314)
Oregon 56 - Alabama 49.

:lol3

Kelly will be back.

How good will Texas A&M be? If they are a truly top dog will they now instantly be embraced by fans of SEC-U?

Is this the last year for Pellini at Nebraska?

How about Mack Brown-- who has done the least with the most over the past few years?

bobobob 01-07-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 20424340)
:lol3

Kelly will be back.

How good will Texas A&M be? If they are a truly top dog will they now instantly be embraced by fans of SEC-U?

Is this the last year for Pellini at Nebraska?

How about Mack Brown-- who has done the least with the most over the past few years?

Just think how great an 8 team playoff would be next year.

Georgia, Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Clemson, Oregon and Stanford. :rofl

Wasn't a college football playoff an Obama campaign promise in 2008?
Or is promise not the word I'm looking for?

Albie 01-07-2013 09:42 PM

Hell, I'm just hoping Arkansas finishes with a winning record. :cry

Jurgen 01-07-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albie (Post 20424397)

I hope you put a "no riding Harley's with your Bitch, not wife" clause in the contract. :lol3

bobobob 01-07-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albie (Post 20424397)

A quarter of this year's bowl games featured teams without winning records.

shrineclown 01-07-2013 09:55 PM

The year of the Orange! New Coach, Fresh Start, Post Apocalypse: it is time for Syracuse to rise to the pinnacle again.

Albie 01-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 20424408)
I hope you put a "no riding Harley's with your Bitch, not wife" clause in the contract. :lol3

Dude, have you seen his wife? She's hotter then Bobby's girlfriend. :lol3

Jurgen 01-07-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrineclown (Post 20424448)
The year of the Orange! New Coach, Fresh Start, Post Apocalypse: it is time for Syracuse to rise to the pinnacle again.

All I know is every March 17 I wear my Syracuse cap, and drink a Black & Tan. :evil

Soon I'll have this on my wall. (Can't get the pic to post)

Da Potentate 01-07-2013 11:08 PM

Dare I say.......

3peat

Jurgen 01-08-2013 03:43 AM

I thought we should kick off 2013 with a little mea culpa to SouthEastearn University.

There's no conspiracy here, the SEC is just better when it matters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyle_CBSSports
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- One of these days, we'll learn. Or then again, maybe we won't. I mean, if we hadn't utterly surrendered to the idea of SEC domination by now, what's it going to take? Maybe this -- Alabama's 42-14 demolition of Notre Dame on Monday night in the BCS title game, which ought to drop Discover as its title sponsor and get right to the heart of the matter by calling it what it is:

The SEC BCS national championship, brought to you by Nick Saban...

The gap between the SEC and everyone else isn't getting ridiculous; it is ridiculous. The SEC is so clearly superior to the rest of college football that the SEC's conference title game in Atlanta deserves to be one of the two national semifinals in 2014 when college football does away with the SEC BCS national championship brought to you by Nick Saban -- and ushers in the four-team playoff.

Most years two of those playoff teams will be from the SEC. Some years, three. You think not? Only if you're as dumb as I was on Nov. 21, when I outsmarted myself by studying schedules, breaking down the nuances of who SEC teams had and had not beaten this season, and deduced that the SEC is overrated...

This isn't just what Alabama does in the SEC BCS national championship brought to you by Nick Saban. This is what every SEC team does every year in this game, unless one of them has the misfortune, as LSU did a year ago, of being matched up with another SEC team. Only one carnivore gets to eat, and last year Alabama devoured LSU 21-0. Throw out that game, and in the other six SEC BCS title games (brought to you by Nick Saban), the average score has been this:

Carnivore 34, Appetizer 17...

Lacy was named the game's outstanding offensive player, but that was a matter of convenience. It's a lot easier to bring one guy to the podium than to bring up the real stars of this game, the five offensive linemen for Alabama who destroyed the Notre Dame defensive front...

Nick Saban knows it, too. When he thinks big, he doesn't think about winning the national championship. He thinks about winning the SEC championship.

Because it's the same thing.

"We got here by 5 yards -- Georgia was 5 yards from scoring [the winning touchdown in the SEC title game]," Saban said. "It's a pretty tough league we play in. We're going to have to improve as a program to have the opportunity to play for a national championship again, because of the quality of our league."

It's not hype. It's not myth. The SEC is real -- and it's spectacular.

ScottDill 01-08-2013 05:34 AM

Out with old and in with new. The last year of the current BCS system. I don't like jhte idea of a play-off, but the new system shoud at least produce more interesting upper level bowl games.

My prediction....Florida actually has an offense this year.

wiseanhyzer 01-08-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen (Post 20425285)
I thought we should kick off 2013 with a little mea culpa to SouthEastearn University.

There's no conspiracy here, the SEC is just better when it matters

The REAL national title game for the 2012 season took place on December 1, 2012 in Atlanta. Just sayin'.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:50 AM.