ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pyndon makes CNN (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855893)

Orangecicle 01-15-2013 06:54 PM

Pyndon makes CNN
 
Just ran across this image of Dakar coverage on CNN. WAY TO GO PYNDON!!! :clap


skipman 01-15-2013 07:15 PM

Sweet !!!!!

wakked1 01-16-2013 04:41 PM

A blue KTM? That's just confusing.

Orangecicle 01-16-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakked1 (Post 20503106)
A blue KTM? That's just confusing.

Well, I am partial to the orange. :D, but the blue anniversary Dakar model is probably the one thing in the world I'd trade it for. :evil

amanlikemike 01-16-2013 05:07 PM

Atta boy!

Glad we (when I say 'we', I mean 'the Kriega lads back in the UK') could play a small part in helping put him through that kind of self-imposed heaven & hell ride. :lol3

Dan Alexander 01-16-2013 05:09 PM

:thumb

KTMSAM 01-16-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecicle (Post 20503322)
Well, I am partial to the orange. :D, but the blue anniversary Dakar model is probably the one thing in the world I'd trade it for. :evil

That's exactly how I felt too, but when a good deal on the '12 blue adventure came my way, I took the bait :D

That's an awesome picture, good work Pyndon!

Bgunn 01-16-2013 06:42 PM

A "dust to glory" ride so far !

Orangecicle 01-17-2013 04:13 AM

72nd at Stage 11
 
This is Pyndon's first try at the Dakar, he's doing it as a privateer, and he's in 72nd, just a few spots behind Pavey. I think this is Pavey's seventh Dakar. Pyndon's the man!


sillbeer 01-17-2013 09:08 PM

I just ran across this pic on CNN and was about to post it.

:freaky

- Destin

SignXman 01-18-2013 07:23 AM

The website I was just reading said he was 52nd overall. (bloody great effort full stop :clap )

Orangecicle 01-18-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SignXman (Post 20516235)
The website I was just reading said he was 52nd overall. (bloody great effort full stop :clap )

Holy cow, your right! You have to look at the overall standings, and I was looking at the daily standings. Through Stage 12 Pyndon is 52nd overall, and Simon Pavey ("Long Way Down" and "Race to Dakar" trainer fame) is 61st overall. Amazing. And here I felt "tough" because I rode to work this morning while it was still below freezing. :rofl

SignXman 01-18-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangecicle (Post 20516760)
Holy cow, your right! You have to look at the overall standings, and I was looking at the daily standings. Through Stage 12 Pyndon is 52nd overall, and Simon Pavey ("Long Way Down" and "Race to Dakar" trainer fame) is 61st overall. Amazing. And here I felt "tough" because I rode to work this morning while it was still below freezing. :rofl

Have been following Lyndon via his facebook page and the UK KTMforum...really impressed and a little in awe!

Having said that have had my bike picked up by Simon Pavey in the Welsh Hills on one of his training days and though he was a top bloke for an Aussie :rofl

Blackbert 01-18-2013 10:59 AM

On stage 8 he finished in 9th position.

A couple days later he had his 'big off' at 60mph.

Yesterday, the bottom of his left fork split open. Trailside repair with some JBweld and tiewraps. Came back from last at WP1 to 87nd at the finishline.

I don't care if and how Despres wins. Pyndon is the man. :clap

Katoom72 01-18-2013 11:44 AM

The dude is doing what allot of us are dreaming off, and he's doing pretty decent aswell. :clap


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014