ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rear ended by a cop (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867344)

Tuna Helper 03-02-2013 05:31 PM

Rear ended by a cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5Rb_3GlMTM
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...d-im-at-fault/

Not me.

GSAragazzi 03-02-2013 05:35 PM

Bet you he was on his phone. I see that ALL time.

LetItRoll 03-02-2013 05:58 PM

nice, so braking for things in front of you is against the law and inattentive driving is not? And riding in your lane (between the lines) is not ok if it is not perfectly centered? The officer was doing a pretty good job of making it up as he went (not).:1drink

Garp 03-02-2013 06:49 PM

:205

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post20850753

windmill 03-02-2013 07:12 PM

Thats it?

This thing has been spreading like wildfire on several forums, but I just now watched the video.

Talk about an anti climax,
What a bunch of nothing, from all the hand scrubbing and outrage you'd think the cop committed some crime against humanity.

Yeah, the cop was kinda rude and unprofessional, but other than that it was a total non event.

Getting the courts and media involved? Get over it for crying out loud.

Waaaaa...........he hurt my feelings.....I'm telling.....:tough

Gonzoso 03-02-2013 10:22 PM

The cop caused an accident, albeit a small one.

He then used his power to intimidate a citizen into not reporting the incident and going on his way when he was in the wrong.

While no one was hurt, it saddens me that more people are not upset at the abuse of power. The government is here to serve the productive tax payers.

Police are the janitors of human waste, they should not play god and should not intimidate, injure, or threaten the innocent.

Thanantos 03-03-2013 02:15 AM

WTF? :confused:

I am mostly with the "this is a nothing thing" crowd.

But Jesus H. Christ, why do a very small, select few cops go so far out of their way to be dicks.

It would have been so much easier to ask the rider if he's OK, apologize and get on your way.

Midnightventure 03-03-2013 04:58 AM

The bike almost for sure had damage and I imagine the rider was sore. The cop was totally out of line and knew he was in the wrong. The right thing to do was for him to call his supervisor and the supervisor get an outside agency to investigate. There was a car acting like it was pulling over with it's signal on. I would have been slowing down in that situation too. The rider didn't slam on his brakes.

KG6BWS 03-03-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightventure (Post 20853103)
The bike almost for sure had damage and I imagine the rider was sore. The cop was totally out of line and knew he was in the wrong. The right thing to do was for him to call his supervisor and the supervisor get an outside agency to investigate. There was a car acting like it was pulling over with it's signal on. I would have been slowing down in that situation too. The rider didn't slam on his brakes.

Im with you on that one. Yes, it was basically a non event. But the fact that the cop knew he fucked up and just used his badge to bully his way through it is bullshit. He should have enough integrity to realize his mistake instead of blaming it on someone else.

DAKEZ 03-03-2013 09:04 AM

I count 205 snivel posts in the numerous other threads. :1drink

glasswave 03-03-2013 05:22 PM

The way I see it....

It seemed like the moto didn't at first see the car, accelerated, saw the car and braked fairly hard. Anyways, he seemed slightly erratic.

The cop was not paying attention and hit him from behind. NBD, accidents happen.

The cop, obviously startled, loses his cool and goes ape shit on the moto. If he can't remain calm in a fender bender, I think he needs to revisit his training. He is obviously out of control as indicated by his uncontrollable swearing. The moto was smart to try and diffuse the tension and get out of there. I don't blame him for fearing for his safety.

The cop acted like a total pig. He needs to prove he can change his behavior or resign for the good of the force and public. The moto should definitely report the incident to the authorities. If a cop can't handle that calmly, it seems as though he's in no position to handle himself correctly in a more threatening emergency.

randyo 03-03-2013 07:51 PM

I would asked him to write me those tickets while I called the state cops

Bill Harris 03-03-2013 08:32 PM

The officer needs to be made to consider a career change. He wasn't even aware that he was being video'd. :eek1

So... what is a good helmetcam? Not fancy, just basic and reliable?

--Bill

CRP6001 03-03-2013 10:51 PM

The cop was aware that he was being recorded, at 1:41 he states
"gettin' this on film? Cause I am." His arrogance is the most disgusting
part of his behavior. The cop was changing lanes, merging behind the
bike, and did not expect the rider to come to a stop, an easy mistake
to make, but still a mistake. I get the impression that the cop expected
the rider to be aggressive, cut the merging car off, and close the gap.
Instead, he was riding conservatively and being polite to another driver.

KX50002 03-04-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRP6001 (Post 20859180)
The cop was aware that he was being recorded, at 1:41 he states
"gettin' this on film? Cause I am." His arrogance is the most disgusting
part of his behavior. The cop was changing lanes, merging behind the
bike, and did not expect the rider to come to a stop, an easy mistake
to make, but still a mistake. I get the impression that the cop expected
the rider to be aggressive, cut the merging car off, and close the gap.
Instead, he was riding conservatively and being polite to another driver.

That's how I see it:clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:37 PM.