ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hacks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Budget Camping setup with Coleman instant up 3P (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871173)

Slade 330 03-16-2013 06:33 PM

Budget Camping setup with Coleman instant up 3P
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSesmsssEk8
I have been sidecaring and camping for years, but with the new bike I thought I would get a new tent. As I am getting on a bit, I wanted something a little bigger than a dome tent like i had before, these new release Coleman 3P tents are a good size and as we sidecarists have the space, Why suffer!

madeouttaglass 03-16-2013 09:11 PM

That is cool.

davet2 03-17-2013 05:20 AM

Looks comfy, but where's the kitchen sink?:D

Slade 330 03-17-2013 06:01 AM

The kitchen sink
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davet2 (Post 20965978)
Looks comfy, but where's the kitchen sink?:D

I do have a bucket and some washing liquid in the trunk
usually the last of the billy water(kettle) in the morning to wash up after breakfast, never at night always mentally prepared for bed (pissed - tanked )
whatever word you use in your country, i am sure the sentiment is the same

davet2 03-17-2013 12:58 PM

It does look like you can bring many of the comforts of home in your sidecar. I've had mine for about a year and that's a big part of why I got it, just haven't had a chance to take a trip yet. Looking forward to being able to carry plenty of beer for the campouts.

tony the tiger 03-17-2013 01:25 PM

I like the rig - was hard to watch the tent set-up vid with so many nice shots of your sidecar combination... not so distracting that I didn't notice the pigmy-pony. Does Frank Zappa live nearby? :1drink

Slade 330 03-17-2013 03:02 PM

Zappa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony the tiger (Post 20968705)
I like the rig - was hard to watch the tent set-up vid with so many nice shots of your sidecar combination... not so distracting that I didn't notice the pigmy-pony. Does Frank Zappa live nearby? :1drink

The pigmy pony does attract HOT RATS

Melrone 03-17-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade 330 (Post 20969293)
The pigmy pony does attract HOT RATS

Only if you live in Montana and are raising Dental Floss.Actually thats the name of my rig. The Pigmy Pony..Christen it on my way back from the Twin Citys the day I bought it..:clap

Slade 330 03-18-2013 06:08 AM

this thread went a bit obscure
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrone (Post 20969970)
Only if you live in Montana and are raising Dental Floss.Actually thats the name of my rig. The Pigmy Pony..Christen it on my way back from the Twin Citys the day I bought it..:clap

this thread went a bit obscure.
I like Frank Zappa but it started out about a tent LOL.

davet2 03-18-2013 07:56 AM

I have been using my old dome tent for at least 25 years. Now that I have the room in the sidecar it may be time for something better. Yours looks good but a little bigger than I want. Maybe I'll try one of the combo tent/cot setups.

cathouse willy 03-18-2013 06:13 PM

Spent a lot of years camping out of a canoe or touring bike but I never found a tent with the most important feature to me and that was being bear proof.That one looks like it would keep out an "honest" bear.

Slade 330 03-19-2013 04:12 AM

Smaller creatures
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathouse willy (Post 20978724)
Spent a lot of years camping out of a canoe or touring bike but I never found a tent with the most important feature to me and that was being bear proof.That one looks like it would keep out an "honest" bear.

I think camping in a Bear forrest would be not sleeping very well.
in Australia we need to keep out smaller things like snakes, scorpions, centipiedes and drunken wives

Agent Wayward 03-19-2013 08:34 AM

I use Quechua pop up tents, they pack to a round disc, which fits on the spare wheel carrier of a Ural. They are good solid tents, the largest one I use is plenty of room for 2 adults and kit, they withstand all weathers and have lasted 6 years so far, with frequent use.
It takes about 2 minutes (literally) to put them up and about 3 minutes to pack them away.
I also have a Quechua pop up Base, which we use as a day tent, if the weather is bad, it can seat 8 adults with a table in the middle, same pop up system.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I've yet to test one against a bear. The scariest animal we have here in the UK is known as a Welshman, so far, none of them have damaged the tent.

DirtyDR 03-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade 330 (Post 20981397)
I think camping in a Bear forrest would be not sleeping very well.
in Australia we need to keep out smaller things like snakes, scorpions, centipiedes and drunken wives

Yours or the neighbors? Drunken wife that is.

Slade 330 03-19-2013 02:14 PM

Neighbours
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDR (Post 20982731)
Yours or the neighbors? Drunken wife that is.

the neighbours wives can come in!!


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014