ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Looking for. Reflex or Helix (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875550)

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 07:22 AM

Looking for. Reflex or Helix
 
WTB Honda Reflex or Helix Scooter

I'm near Raleigh NC but willing to travel some for the right scoot.

Note: I've checked all the usual sources like CL, eBay etc.

Hoping someone knows or sees one that hasn't made it to the ads.

Tia
David

redhandmoto 04-02-2013 07:37 AM

http://www.scooterfinds.com/honda-reflex-scooters-for-sale

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhandmoto (Post 21090175)

Thanks but as I wrote, I've been checking the usual sources. I've written to a few and await some responses. But, I'm looking for ones that haven't hit the ads yet.

Ride safe

D

Bronco638 04-02-2013 08:44 AM

You know, I hope you find a nice one. I don't see them so often (I have one) but when I do, the owner is asking pretty tall money (based on prices I've seen, I could recoup my investment after riding my 'flex for 5+ years). I see one up north of Milwaukee on occasion but that's a long way from you. I know of another but I'm not sure it's available (it's west of Rockford, IL - again, a long ways off).

JerryH 04-02-2013 08:49 AM

Those are hard scooters to find. I've looked at a few, and they were in bad shape. I was looking for something highway legal on a budget. Most of what I found had either been crashed, had salvage titles, were sun rotted, had more miles than most cars, or in some cases all of the above. I especially like the Helix, with it's '80s oddball styling. I even considered (briefly) a CFMoto Chinese clone.

Brooktown Geezer 04-02-2013 09:29 AM

I see them all the time on CL in So Cal, and some are pretty nice. Maybe you should fly out for Amerivespa, buy a scoot, and ride home!

klx250sfguy 04-02-2013 01:02 PM

I want a Helix too. There are like hens teeth in Canada.

Here's one for sale a province over from me (just to give you an idea of used prices in the Great White North).

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ410649666

ausfahrt 04-02-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBiker (Post 21090086)
WTB Honda Reflex or Helix Scooter

I'm near Raleigh NC but willing to travel some for the right scoot.

Note: I've checked all the usual sources like CL, eBay etc.

Hoping someone knows or sees one that hasn't made it to the ads.

Tia
David

Hey Dave,
I didn't send you over the edge, did I? :D

Good luck. I hope that you find a gem.

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausfahrt (Post 21093156)
Hey Dave,
I didn't send you over the edge, did I? :D

Good luck. I hope that you find a gem.

You just might have! Lol

Thanks! Should have kept 'em when I had 'em.

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 03:43 PM

Thanks all.

Seems like lots of folks are pricing these high on the fact they aren't available new any more. Fine if that works for them.

If I can't get one at a reasonable price, I'll buy something else.

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klx250sfguy (Post 21092773)
I want a Helix too. There are like hens teeth in Canada.

Here's one for sale a province over from me (just to give you an idea of used prices in the Great White North).

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ410649666

Wow! Insane pricing!

Not gonna pay inflated pricing like that. I'd sooner pick up a Sym RV200 evo new for a few hundred more.

creighta 04-02-2013 04:15 PM

Fwiw cfmoto fashion 250 is a great alternative. Yes chines, but I put 8000 trouble free miles on mine and had a line wanting to buy it when I put it online at $1200. Many Chinese bikes are crap ( I've had my share) but cfmoto makes a great product and, yes Honda parts fit them.

cbolling 04-02-2013 06:20 PM

While you are at it go ahead and start looking for the next one also. That way you will be ready if a few weeks when you sell the Reflex or Helix.:wink:

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creighta (Post 21094191)
Fwiw cfmoto fashion 250 is a great alternative. Yes chines, but I put 8000 trouble free miles on mine and had a line wanting to buy it when I put it online at $1200. Many Chinese bikes are crap ( I've had my share) but cfmoto makes a great product and, yes Honda parts fit them.

Worth looking into. Thanks!

JerseyBiker 04-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbolling (Post 21095067)
While you are at it go ahead and start looking for the next one also. That way you will be ready if a few weeks when you sell the Reflex or Helix.:wink:

:flip

:rofl

:freaky


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014