ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Layin' down tracks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   new Garmins..with traffic updates on screen :) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87876)

wickedsprint 07-16-2005 02:40 PM

new Garmins..with traffic updates on screen :)
 
Go Here. The new qwest 2 has trhe entire city select loaded, and the new streetpilot has ability to display congested roads via traffic signals insome cities.

BurnieM 07-16-2005 08:46 PM

But where is the CD/DVD ?

CMWoody 07-17-2005 04:37 PM

Gawsh, what a disappointment. I was hoping for a bigger screen, more hard buttons, XM radio and XM weather capability. 2720s an improvement, but barely so. Garmin, your going to have to do better.

auslander 07-17-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmwoodys
Gawsh, what a disappointment. I was hoping for a bigger screen, more hard buttons, XM radio and XM weather capability. 2720s an improvement, but barely so. Garmin, your going to have to do better.

The new GPSMap 396 has XM satellite weather, but it's $2700.

I had hoped the Quest 2 would have SD expansion instead of just 140MB of built-in memory. Bah!

BurnieM 07-18-2005 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auslander
I had hoped the Quest 2 would have SD expansion instead of just 140MB of built-in memory. Bah!

???
I took it as having all of City Select North America v7 loaded and 140 MB left over for other maps

ie has 2 GB intermal memory and CSNA v7 is approx 1860 MB

auslander 07-18-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnieM
???
I took it as having all of City Select North America v7 loaded and 140 MB left over for other maps

ie has 2 GB intermal memory and CSNA v7 is approx 1860 MB

That would be fine if I could get to the 2GB of internal mem. My experience with their CitySelect maps is that they don't cover dirt roads and county highways very well at all... which is really what I'm looking for. Maybe this "CitySelect NT" is better?

Albie 07-18-2005 12:57 PM

Well, since the City Selct maps are completely loaded. That 140 meg would leave plenty of room for R&R or the Topo maps which do have dirt roads.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014