ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Baldy, blame AceRph (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to post? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887570)

MonktonBMW 05-16-2013 07:13 AM

How to post?

What w/ the Control Panel, Inmates, Photos, Site Rules etc., you have a lot of categories posted here but I see nothing blatantly listed for posting a new question... and/or in computerese I suppose "a new thread".

Is that feature part of a drop down menu? Since leaving a 'thread' is what it's all about, I'm surprised at the mystery.

Thanks!

Peter

Dysco 05-16-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonktonBMW (Post 21421068)
What w/ the Control Panel, Inmates, Photos, Site Rules etc., you have a lot of categories posted here but I see nothing blatantly listed for posting a new question... and/or in computerese I suppose "a new thread".

Is that feature part of a drop down menu? Since leaving a 'thread' is what it's all about, I'm surprised at the mystery.

Thanks!

Peter

You just started a new thread, congrats! :rofl

MonktonBMW 05-16-2013 10:06 AM

By Accident!

Ok, I've posted my first thread... but it was an accident. I sent Baldy the message and it shows up as a thread. If that's the 'intuitive secret' well then, that's the route I'll go. But this is as vexing as sites who hide the login box to their sites... typically amongst/behind advertising.

Flood 05-16-2013 12:57 PM

It's the big button on the top left of every forum.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../newthread.jpg

ADVMindset 05-16-2013 01:19 PM

What is the topic of this "thread" you want to post ? That will help in figuring out where to post it.

MonktonBMW 05-16-2013 02:02 PM

Aligning the rear tire/wheel on an R100GS

I had a local shop install new Avons on my 1992 R100GS Bumblebee and, some 1,500 miles later I heard a squeaking noise I can't normally hear w/ my helmet and engine on. Turns out the right side of the tire is rubbing against the shock, to the extent that the raised crown/bead on the right side has been rubbed down. I took the wheel off, put in a few washers as spacers but now it rubs on the drive shaft housing.

A local shop did the installation for me. Did they forget to install some kind of larger spacer ring when they put the rear wheel back on? I suspect this is the last time I go enjoy a sandwich while someone's working on my toys! Thanks for any feedback.
Peter

MonktonBMW 05-16-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flood (Post 21423647)
It's the big button on the top left of every forum.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../newthread.jpg

Interesting... well, I most certainly appreciate your graphic... but it's not showing anywhere on my screen!

mb90535im 05-16-2013 03:02 PM

Are you logged in?

What button did you click to start this thread?

ikonoklass 05-16-2013 03:39 PM

It wouldn't show if you're already inside the thread, and it wouldn't show unless you're in a forum, rather than looking at the list of forums. In other words, go into a forum and you should see the button. As soon as you enter a thread, you'll see the "new reply" button instead of the "new thread" button.

Boondoggle 05-23-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonktonBMW (Post 21421068)

Thanks!

Peter

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonktonBMW (Post 21422390)
Ok, I've posted my first thread... but it was an accident. I sent Baldy the message and it shows up as a thread. If that's the 'intuitive secret' well then, that's the route I'll go. But this is as vexing as sites who hide the login box to their sites... typically amongst/behind advertising.

:fpalm

ozmoses 05-23-2013 04:04 PM

Now I'm confuzzled.

CallMeBoog 05-23-2013 04:44 PM

Where am I? Can anyone tell me how to reply to a thread?

Bollocks 05-23-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilGreenBooger (Post 21478147)
Where am I? Can anyone tell me how to reply to a thread?

Sorry but I don't know how.

Bollocks 05-23-2013 05:26 PM

MonktonBMW me old mucker, welcome to the assylum.

Ya getting the jist of the site cus ya posted a new thread and answered a question with quotas so well done mate.:clap

You have stumbled upon the best website when it comes to friends and rides.
Take ya time and lurk awhile and you will get the humor and learn the do's and don'ts....like stay the fuck away from Jo momma...:*sip*

Have fun mate.

CallMeBoog 05-23-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bollocks (Post 21478442)
MonktonBMW me old mucker, welcome to the assylum.

Ya getting the jist of the site cus ya posted a new thread and answered a question with quotas so well done mate.:clap

You have stumbled upon the best website when it comes to friends and rides.
Take ya time and lurk awhile and you will get the humor and learn the do's and don'ts....like stay the fuck away from Jo momma...:*sip*

Have fun mate.

Terrible advice...this guy is probably drunk...oh wait so am I... welcome to the asylum, inmate

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:27 AM.