ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Rockies It's all downhill from here... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   KLR 650 Owners COBDR group rally (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935276)

2012BlackKLR650 11-17-2013 08:43 PM

KLR 650 Owners COBDR group rally

:clapHey everyone...so I am organizing this event. You don't have to have a KLR to join. I have created a FaceBook event page for sign up and info. https://www.facebook.com/events/6198...ref=4&source=1

If you aren't on FaceBook and you are interested... it is going to be a 7 day ride...be prepared to camp although there will be hotels within reach. It will be happening sometime in July or August 2014. It will be following the entire route of the Colorado Backroad Discovery Route. Feel free to email me if you have any questions and you AREN"T a FaceBook member. I would prefer to keep the QnA on FaceBook so everyone can benefit from seeing the info.

Please feel free to cross post this link/event on any sites where you feel the caliber of integrity and love of riding match the inmates on this forum ;)

Thanks.

Dave

2012BlackKLR650 11-17-2013 08:44 PM

Hey everyone...so I am organizing this event. You don't have to have a KLR to join. I have created a FaceBook event page for sign up and info. https://www.facebook.com/events/6198...ref=4&source=1

If you aren't on FaceBook and you are interested... it is going to be a 7 day ride...be prepared to camp although there will be hotels within reach. It will be happening sometime in July or August 2014. It will be following the entire route of the Colorado Backroad Discovery Route. Feel free to email me if you have any questions and you AREN"T a FaceBook member. I would prefer to keep the QnA on FaceBook so everyone can benefit from seeing the info.

Please feel free to cross post this link/event on any sites where you feel the caliber of integrity and love of riding match the inmates on this forum ;)

Thanks.

Dave

2012BlackKLR650 11-17-2013 08:45 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Hey everyone...so I am organizing this event. You don't have to have a KLR to join. I have created a FaceBook event page for sign up and info. https://www.facebook.com/events/6198...ref=4&source=1

Thanks.

Dave
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

2012BlackKLR650 11-17-2013 08:46 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Hey everyone...so I am organizing this event. You don't have to have a KLR to join. I have created a FaceBook event page for sign up and info. https://www.facebook.com/events/6198...ref=4&source=1

Thanks.

Dave
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

junkyardroad 11-17-2013 09:42 PM

I have a KLR and would like to join,I live right here in the center of the Rockies, Glenwood Springs. I went to Facebook (not a fan) but don't see a way to join. Am I missing something.
Scott

One Fat Roach 11-17-2013 10:07 PM

In!!!

:freaky :clap

eakins 11-17-2013 10:13 PM

sweet!
let me know if you have any questions or need help.
bill

GAS GUY 11-18-2013 07:46 AM

This sounds like a good time.

How many miles a day will you ride ?

Where does the ride start ?

Will you be camping every night ?

eakins 11-18-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAS GUY (Post 22805592)

http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/COBDR

sasho 11-18-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012BlackKLR650 (Post 22803667)

Thanks.

Dave

Interesting--you are in Missoula and you are organizing a ride in Colorado :)

eakins 11-19-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasho (Post 22811653)

I'd say Dave is doing this as this route across Colorado is a bucket-list ride for many and it has been created already. Load the .gpx and go. It's a plug and play ride for him.

I've ridden Montana many times & know 1st hand Montana has incredible routes too and one day we will have a MTBDR http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/MTBDR.

Thanks, Bill

2012BlackKLR650 11-21-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkyardroad (Post 22803866)
I have a KLR and would like to join,I live right here in the center of the Rockies, Glenwood Springs. I went to Facebook (not a fan) but don't see a way to join. Am I missing something.
Scott

try this link : https://www.facebook.com/events/619811111390693/

send me a friend request on Facebook.. Dave Kubler

2012BlackKLR650 11-21-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassplayinroach (Post 22803930)
In!!!

:freaky :clap

you in the FaceBook group ? https://www.facebook.com/events/619811111390693/

Dave Kubler

2012BlackKLR650 11-21-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAS GUY (Post 22805592)

We will be planning 7 full days to do the entire south to north route. Take a look at the BDR website (Eakins gave you the link....thanks Eakins :) )

It will tell you alot about what to expect. Be prepared to camp everynight....and not necc in a campground. If you do not join the Facebook event and group, then it will be harder for me to get you info..... So anyone who doesn't join via FaceBook... you will have to email me.

davekubler@gmail.com

I will then try to keep my email list updated. I also will be having tshirts/stickers and possibly hoodies and hats with our event logo available for pre order. There will be NO profits made from this. I will be able to assist folks with GPS track loading if you want to use a good smartphone.. I don't use Garmins/dedicated GPS units...so I can't help ya there. We will follow a loose 'schedule', but anyone of course is welcome to do whatever they want.... I am doing this to give folks an opportunity to ride with other like minded people in 'bucket list' kinda ride.

2012BlackKLR650 11-21-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasho (Post 22811653)

:) Yup. I am crazy like that. I actually did a good portion of the UTBDR earlie this year. They are in the process of making a MTBDR but it is not completed yet. I have probably already ridden a good 25% of what will be on that...MT is FULL of great spots. I think there is a WYBDR, an AKBDR and a couple others...coming or already made. I picked the COBDR, because after being in the FaceBook group of KLR 650 owners... (over 2000 members), I realized that most guys on there never have met, nor had the chance to actually DO a group ride, much less with a bunch of other KLRs... So, rather then be like everyone else saying " hey...wouldn't it be cool if......." I decided to make it happen. Like Eakins said...it is a plug and play route. I have about 1000 miles to ride to get to the start....but it is a good 'central' place so that alot of folk hopefully can make it. I think we have over 20 people fairly well committed to going thru FaceBook alreday...and this is not even a week old.

I personally plan on taking 3 weeks....a week there, a week to ride it....and a week back....all done with a no stress/low schedule attitude. :) Once there....I will be happy to loosely 'lead' the pack... I will be probably riding at a B+ pace... I think we will decide in the AM where we all want to 'finish' for the day..... and then we can choose to ride in any number of mini groups along the way. I am less about having 'rules' and schedules, then more to just have fun...with the chance to ride with others. There is no entry fee...so you are not promised anything other than I will be there...and I will have the GPX tracks. I will try to camp non campsite if possible.... paying to put up a tent just seems wrong to me ;)

Dave Kubler

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:22 PM.