ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Scooter Hooliganism... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95746)

Linzi 09-10-2005 03:36 PM

Scooter Hooliganism...

What causes hooliganism amongst normally smart and safe motorcyclists when they hop on their little step-throughs? I've just ridden a bit around town with Mostro, and let me say, he is doing the two-wheeled world no favors when he's out on his new Big Ruckus. :nono

In other scooter-related news, this morning I learned how a variator works. And that little bit of engineering is pretty damn smart. :thumb

That is all. :ricky

Photog 09-10-2005 03:45 PM

I don't know. But I'm 100x more squidly on the scoot. :uhoh

I'm super-smooth, safe, and precise on the GS. Fast, but safe. Plenty of cushion around me.

On the Stella I'm dive-bombing through holes in traffic.

:scratch

Good question. :nod I've been wondering about that myself.

Spode 09-10-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linzi
In other scooter-related news, this morning I learned how a variator works. And that little bit of engineering is pretty damn smart. :thumb

I think it's spelled V-I-B-R-A-T-O-R, but good onya :thumb :lol3

ilmostro 09-10-2005 03:53 PM

I tried the JTM variator mod this morning. Pull 3 weights from the variator.

:nah

It has better pick up from 0-40 but from then on it suffers and top end is down by about 7mph.

Thankfully it's not like the Aprilia and only took me 15 minutes to strip it and put the weights back in.

:ricky

Photog 09-10-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmostro
I tried the JTM variator mod this morning. Pull 3 weights from the variator.

:nah

It has better pick up from 0-40 but from then on it suffers and top end is down by about 7mph.

Thankfully it's not like the Aprilia and only took me 15 minutes to strip it and put the weights back in.

:ricky

Can you change the final gearing on the Ruckus? :ear

What do you need/want on the Ruckus--midrange or top end?

I'm just curious--my intown riding on the Stella calls for midrange. I'm finding I'm cool with being able to cruise at 50-55 with city traffic, well within its top speed of 65-70...but I like having a nice fat handful of go-fast available at 50 in 4th gear should I need to dodge a cage.

wegger 09-10-2005 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photog
I don't know. But I'm 100x more squidly on the scoot. :uhoh

I'm super-smooth, safe, and precise on the GS. Fast, but safe. Plenty of cushion around me.

On the Stella I'm dive-bombing through holes in traffic.

:scratch

Good question. :nod I've been wondering about that myself.

Ditto.
On my little Aprilia 50/70, I'm a psychopathic threader of traffic needles, a neighborhood WFO screamer, occasionally bust a move through a parking lot or filtering to the front of the line. I'm invisible and invincible.

On my GS, I'm fast and as smooth as possible, but still occasionally pulling a nasty. I wave to children and old ladies. I'm the model AMA spokesperson and credit to the sport.

On the KTM 525 Motard, I'm just a fucking moron, a wheelie waiting to happen, a license begging to be lost, fuckem-take-no-prisoners traffic menace.

GaelicDog 09-10-2005 04:09 PM

The biggest dumb assed thing I have done so far was last Sunday. Running down a long, straight residential road behind a moving van/tractor at 20 miles per hour.

I never flinched and up on the sidewalk I went, passed 'em and out into fresh air. NEVER thought about it, NEVER hesitated. Hit the pavement and I was like WTF did I just do??????????????

Photog 09-10-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wegger
Ditto.
On my little Aprilia 50/70, I'm a psychopathic threader of traffic needles, a neighborhood WFO screamer, occasionally bust a move through a parking lot or filtering to the front of the line. I'm invisible and invincible.

On my GS, I'm fast and as smooth as possible, but still occasionally pulling a nasty. I wave to children and old ladies. I'm the model AMA spokesperson and credit to the sport.

On the KTM 525 Motard, I'm just a fucking moron, a wheelie waiting to happen, a license begging to be lost, fuckem-take-no-prisoners traffic menace.

:lol3 Good description.

Same here.

You can even put me on a sportbike and I'm reasonably sane.

But a motard or a scoot...and I'm a total nutcase. I don't have a motard because I KNOW I'd be in jail. Immediately.

What gives?

Photog 09-10-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaelicDog
The biggest dumb assed thing I have done so far was last Sunday. Running down a long, straight residential road behind a moving van/tractor at 20 miles per hour.

I never flinched and up on the sidewalk I went, passed 'em and out into fresh air. NEVER thought about it, NEVER hesitated. Hit the pavement and I was like WTF did I just do??????????????

YUP!

OMG, I'm soooooooooooooooo glad it's not just me. :oscar

GaelicDog 09-10-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

YUP!

OMG, I'm soooooooooooooooo glad it's not just me. :oscar

Oh, and trust me, the LIST IS GROWING! I do something stupid daily!

Marc 09-10-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Tire-smoking torque combined with a 16,000 RPM redline. I wanna be able to put a 1/4 mile long tire-shaped rut on an asphalt surface with a mere twist of my right wrist.

Sound like a plan? :ear

wegger 09-10-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaelicDog

LOL! Me too! When I'm on the scooter, I guess my subconscious thinks I'm in Italy. I was threading through traffic the other day and with no thought, just started to pass two cars down the middle... Did the exact same thing... "WTF was I just doing?".

GaelicDog 09-10-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

A water cooled 250 has potential. It's just so new and there are not many of them out there yet, so performance stuff is not really available here. Mine seems to pretty good all around. BUT, as my dad says I am NEVER happy with anything, I would just like a little more out of it overall. And if I cannot get another MPH out of it, or get there any quicker, I'll still be happy with it.

Spode 09-10-2005 05:49 PM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Linzi 09-10-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wegger
On my GS... ...I'm the model AMA spokesperson and credit to the sport.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

http://www.wegs.net/wegs/wheelies/hooliwegs.jpg

:lol3

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:07 PM.