ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Who's gunna give me a scooter? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99569)

Pengaleng 10-05-2005 09:52 AM

Who's gunna give me a scooter?

I'm interested in a scooter and I don't have much money. Who's gunna give me one??? Open to all bids and make/models.

Thanks for looking.

Photog 10-05-2005 10:06 AM

Crap. If I had known you were looking I woulda given you my old one. I ended up practically giving it away to some guy who had just been laid off and was going to school to be an X-ray tech and needed wheels.

He's probably a drug dealer. :uhoh I should check the impound lots.

Hmmm. I wonder if anyone's got a beater bike. Maybe we could come up with the ADV Loaner Dorkmobile.

It would spread goodwill to the other members and give them even more to laugh about. :nod

Anyone got an old elite/spree/whatever?

Pengaleng 10-05-2005 10:19 AM

Dorkmobile. Yep, that be the one for me.

Photog 10-05-2005 10:33 AM

They range in features and style, ranging from Dork to Slightly Less Dork.

Seriously--I'll keep an eye on potential freebies if you just want to thrash one around.

Of course, I'd say your best bet is to go steal JohnTM's. :augie

Pengaleng 10-05-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photog
They range in features and style, ranging from Dork to Slightly Less Dork.

Seriously--I'll keep an eye on potential freebies if you just want to thrash one around.

Of course, I'd say your best bet is to go steal JohnTM's. :augie

I not only wanta thrash one around, but I got a little angel I want to share my ridding bug with...Thanks Photog. :thumb

Wheedle 10-05-2005 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pengaleng
I not only wanta thrash one around, but I got a little angel I want to share my ridding bug with...Thanks Photog. :thumb

Tell him to buy his own damn bike..... :flip

ilmostro 10-05-2005 02:43 PM

Buy my MZ for $4K and I'll throw in a Vento :deal

kv 10-05-2005 03:47 PM

What do you need one for Ken? Maybe to roost some judges? :scratch Oh I know... Someone's lawn in Daytona needs churned up!:dunno

:rofl :rofl

brockster 10-05-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

I'm interested in a scooter and I don't have much money. Who's gunna give me one??? Open to all bids and make/models.
Thanks for looking.

Me too, well okay. If he doesn't want it, I'll take his scooter seconds...

Photog 10-05-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

That's a great cause!

Hey, if anyone can help us hook him up....that would be GREAT.

If you want you can post or PM size (height, etc) and top speed needs, and we can poke around a bit in your area and see what's out there tucked in a garage somewhere needing a new home for cheap or zilch.

jktpa 10-05-2005 08:22 PM

Ken needs a scooter with a built in bullhorn. Hey buddy I was at Road Atlanta last week for the petit Le Mans John(the guy with the lime green Aprilia) had to take your place for party animal. Hope all is well.

Pengaleng 10-06-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jktpa
Ken needs a scooter with a built in bullhorn. Hey buddy I was at Road Atlanta last week for the petit Le Mans John(the guy with the lime green Aprilia) had to take your place for party animal. Hope all is well.

:wave you need to get you're flat feet over to Rebel Yell III this weekend in Suches, GA...sound-off. :freaky

VespaFitz 10-06-2005 02:25 PM

This guy I know wanted to sell me his Elite 150.

Told me all about it, said how good it ran, all that kind of stuff. "Nothing wrong with it but the key's busted off in the switch," he says.

I ask for pics thinking I could probably make a few bucks off of Photog, cause she's a sucker for anything dorky from the '80s.

He sends me pics, and it's this sad little Elite stuffed into a snowbank where someone plowed a parking lot and scooped the scooter right up with all the snow. :cry

Then he tells me he wants "around a grand" for it.

DirtDOG 10-06-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks for looking.

If you get one, mind if I borrow it and a can of gas for about five minutes?

jktpa 10-06-2005 09:46 PM

Sounds like Hardly's VS Rice Burners ! Maybe the "real adventurers" will have a
cole slaw,mud,spagetti,2stroke oil rassle to prove their riderhood.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:43 AM.