View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,280
Hacking our way North by Northwest…

I suppose we should be posting this in a Ride Reports forum, but it is so much more appropriate to post a sidecar adventure here among all my Hack brethren’s. Trying to emulate Hacker inmates who have done it; Mikepa, MzCountryboy, Beemerchef and many others, also encouraging other Hackers to take the high roads of adventure. We hope the powers to be that run this ADV site will allow us to continue our trip report in the Hack Forum.

Inmate Abenteuerfahrer; here again, as some of you may know, part of my retirement has been riding the good ole’ USA and Canada two up in 2007 and then solo Newfoundland/Labrador last year. Having just completed; farkled, and attached Jay’s Dauntless Tub to the hip of our 2005 1200GS so that I can schlep my Brooklyn Frau with me….we’re ready to roll north by northwest.

Also as the ride reports unfold let us introduce to you ”Brunhilde”, our robust, well endowed, gas thirsty 1200GS and “Ingrid” our sidecar, so named in honor of our loyal, faithful longhaired Dachshund that has given us so much joy in our life.

We hope to post scenic/cultural/hack-oriented pictures and some perspectives from a deaf couple as we trek to the great white North: Alaska and the rest of Sara Palin’s, “I can see Russia from my window”…. State! Posting will be sporadic from NC to the beginning of the Northwest but will be more frequent once entering the wilderness. If you see us and shout, but if you get no response…..that’s us! We welcome any and all comments, questions, etc. that you may wish to post. We look forward to this epic journey in good company…along with you.

Cheers…your couple on the road

Ready to roll.....NC....>>....AK

Ingrid along for the ride...

Slab tested the Tug and Tub for 670 miles straight to Ohio through humid; cold heavy rains; various elevations..etc. All went well, except poor gas mileage..anything from 26-29 mpg. Speeds were mostly 65 mph on the slab with an occassional surge to 85 mph. Plenty of power reserve for all occassions. No vibrations whatsoever from the Dynabeaded tires.

Rolling along at 65 mph..steady as she goes..

Taking the grandkids for a sidecar ride to Starbucks..in Monroe, Oh.

Here riding through Monroe. Notice that the sidecar wheel is not square of 90 degrees? I noticed the tire street wear as well, it isn't centered. Solution??

Tomorrow it's westward Ho...!

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 08-21-2009 at 03:21 PM
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote