View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #21
mikepa
SideCzarist

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenteuerfahrer
Rain rain go away, come again another day!!!

Riding 65mph on Route 44, a rancher and his 2 dogs in a pick-up truck passed us and stopped up ahead, got out and held out the Walmart raingear saying he found it a few miles back. God bless the ranchers of SD!!!

Woman's point of view:
I'd like to replace our HJC helmets and find one that does not "leak" when it rains or fogs up. We have to keep ours open "a crack" to keep it from fogging up in the rain...
Sharon and Elmer -

Glad your motoring along in (relative) bliss, inclement weather and tornado warnings aside . As a famous Norwegian Moto-Adventurer once told me:

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad weather gear."

I'm not sure that gloves and/or helmets are made that don't leak at some point (especially flip-up helmets), but after many years of trying every remedy, I have found that PinLock anti-fog inserts really do work, amazingly well! They are not available for all helmets, but you might ask around when you visit motorcycle shops and see if they carry any.

My current favorite helmet is the Arai XD series, not everyone's cuppa tea, but it works for me (has even displaced my former favorite, a Schuberth). The PinLock insert has made it a good "all weather" hat for my tours. Here is the URL for the PinLock website:

Pinlock Anti-Fog Insert

In regard to losing your luggage, you really need to "lose" whatever strap you are now using (even though, I know, they are color-matched to the rig), and discover the security of ROKStaps:

ROKStrap Home Page

More and more motorcycle shops have gotten the religion and now carry the long "motorcycle" adjustable flat stretch straps. The design is brilliant, and they really work because they maintain tension on the load at all times. You shouldn't have left home without them .

And, for what it's worth, the weather here in the Seattle area has been just super for the last couple of weeks. Hope the trend holds for your visit here!

Best,
'04 BMW R1150GS Adventure/Ural "WarBird" (UberHack 3.0)
http://www.globeriders.com
Kenmore, WA
USA

"The world is a book and those that do not travel, read only a page." - St. Augustine

"...not all those that wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien
mikepa is offline   Reply With Quote