View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Mil T OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
help with 2610 and garmin 60 and mapsource

I looked to see first if there was a topic for this kind of problem. I'm not savey enough to know if there is.

Anyway. I had a Garmin 2610 that stopped working properly. The touch screen would not respond to commands and seemed to be locked up. So I found another 2610 online in the ADV for sale thread. I bought it and the guy sent it to me no problems. I wanted to use it but it was from New York area and I'm in Arizona. It has the V.7 version of mapsource. When I bought my other 2610 I got the v.8 version. I did not know that I had to have the origional owner to un-register the unit he sold me and with out him doing that I can't register it and can't load maps. I also understand that I can't use any of the map programs anyway that I have to buy new that mapsource is only good for one unit. This seems like a scam from Garmin if you ask me. I also bought a Garmin GPSMaps 60 hand held and I can't use any of the existing mapsource programs that I have already. Garmin says I have to buy a new map program for that also. Does this all sound right to any of you GPS gurus? I'm really frustrated in thinking I have to spend another $ 200 for mapping software to use these GPS's I have.
Thanks,
Mil T
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote