View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #33
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,287
The State of Washington State...

Hi everyone....we finally reached our staging area for Alaska: WASHINGTON STATE....and what a state this is. I've only been here once..in the dead of winter and thought who wants to live in this NorthWet state. I wannnnaaa live here......!!

It's a longish state on the map and here are some loooooong pictures as far as the eye can see.

Rode route #2 all the way from Spokane to Bavaria, Germany..oops..Austria (Leavenworth) and you'll see why.

Route #2 leads you through wheat fields; deserts; mini-grand canyon....Swiss like Alps. This route was recommended to us by a young guy at some coffe shop in Coeur d' Alene, ID. It's a long, long ride but well worth it...

Patience...I ain't finished with more roads....been there, so ahh, taking you along for more roads...

Pulled into the Town of Coulee City for gas and some chow...

Town Library inside the restaurant..

The locals are mostly farmers..ranchers....and utilize these giant John Deere monsters...

Part of the Grand Coulee Dam branch...

Lookee here...gazillions of fish for easy picking but this is the demarcation line where one is not allowed to fish or even come close by boat...

More roads for you to Leavenworth..

As Charles Kuralt said..:"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything."

That's why we took route #2.....

Pre FDA days..

Entering Washington's Grand Canyon...

Finally entered Washington's famous Apple Valley in Orondo..

Entering the gateway to the Cascades..

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 06-15-2009 at 10:20 PM
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote