View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #92
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy541
However it does speed the game up.
How long do you have after finding the tag do you have before having to post a new one. For example I ride most weekends and can find better tags instead of ones in my back yard.

I think this is a fun game and can live with what ever is decided.
Thanks Backwoods for bringing this to us!
We have not set a time limit for posting a new tag, either. I was waiting for the game to get moving or for the tag to stall before we voted on these other rules.

As for canned tags:

Pros: Moves game along, if stalled. Moves tag greater distances. Might help move along if tag cannot be placed due to bad weather, illness, etc.

Cons: Not fair to people like me with brand new bikes and NO canned tag pictures made. Also, if the purpose of the game is to get people out riding, does the canned tag defeat that purpose? (Just a question)

As for time limit for new tag posting:

Is anyone interested in setting a time limit? How many only ride on weekends and therefore would have trouble Grabbing and Placing in the same day / weekend?

This game is new enough and our state is rich enough in historic markers, landmarks, famous places, battlefields, etc. that finding a new tag should not be that hard and I don't feel a need to move it several hundred miles each time it jumps, but more than a few blocks. I like quality tags, though with a story or history or some significance. (Even though my first tag was a just a random restaurant to just get the game started!)

I have always wanted to visit the current location that Pappy posted, but don't know if my butt would hold for a round trip that long!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote