View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #33
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRW
You are entitled to turn it off (for as long as you wish) and on again once/year, without a reactivation charge or any other charges. In fact, during the time you shut it off, they still provide you with some basic XM data services, so it works out pretty well.

I hear you though, $50/mo. is hefty. But IMO, if it saves you from hitting some nasty shit even once/mo., it's well worth it, if you do significant amounts of long-distance riding/touring.
Yeah, I did that last year and changed it to what they call "End of Season". I think I waited till about March to turn it back on this year.

If it was about $20/month including all the storm tracks and stuff you get in the $50 package, I wouldn't even think of turning it off. But as it is, $50/month = $600/yr. Its nice to have and does pay off, but still something you think about paying for each month. I've got a 2 week trip my wife and I are doing going out to the West Coast starting next week, but once we come back from there I'll probably at the minimum drop it down to one of the $30 packages.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote