View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #169
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hi Ok,

Thanks for checking in.

The Factors will definitely overheat you if you are commuting in them in 90 deg weather. Flops and shorts is a scary thought in traffic. :-/

From what we have seen so far the REV'IT! Rotor's have performed very well, basically on par with the REV'IT! Air Jacket. I think they are a bargain at that price as well. REV'IT! really puts a great deal of thought in the design of their gear.

The difference in length between a unisex S short and a 46 is about 2 full inches. The cut of the pants will be similar across the three styles mentioned (Factor, Rotor and Mistral) Think about where the Factor sits on you and you should be able to determine if the extra two inches will work for the Mistral.

I am sure you know, but the big difference between the Rotor and the Mistral is the detachable water / wind proof liner. The Rotor is a basic mesh / textile pant meant to be highly breathable and protective without being weatherproof.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ring us up if you would like to speak further.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
So now that temps in Toronto are starting to make their way to the 30s (that's about 90+ for you Yanks ) I'm finding the Factor pants to be a bit, erm, sweaty, in commuter traffic.

I'm considering the Rotors as a low cost and much safer alternative to wearing shorts and flip flops, but reviews of it are quite scant.

Have you guys tried it much in real world situations and how are they performing? In terms of fit are they similar to the Factors or a bit more relaxed?

I would also consider the Mistrals, but there isn't a short version of the Euro size I would take (46), and I'm worried the length would be a bit too long (I'm wearing the S Short in the Factor). Is the 46 Mistral quite comparable to the S Short Factor or is the length noticeably longer?

Thanks for the help!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote