View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #57
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,274
Rollin' on the road again....

....we're baaaaaaack!

Finally got back on the road after being away for a week. Was about to produce some narratives and pics yesterday but had poor internet connection while staying with friends in the mountains.....!

Pictures simply does not do justice: this is Mikepa's driveway up to his house and garage. It's a very steep hill, I mean steep..am grateful for the ceramic clutch. Words cannot describe how much we enjoyed meeting Mikepa and his wife. We felt like we've known them a long time and enjoyed our stay immensely. From Mike I learned so much regarding sidecars...mapping... outfitting for long trips...and the art of eating Sushi.

Picked up our rig from Dauntless after leaving it with them for 6 days. Sidecar wheel bearing was changed and aadjusted..swing arm was evaluated and found to be correct. Toe-in and lean to were readjusted and I find the ride much better even though my alignment was ok. I did notice an improvement in straight braking and fuel economy.

Fully overloaded and ready to hit the road. Notice 2 tires loaded on sidecar as they are cheaper to get in lower 48. Predict I'll do tire change somewhere in Alaska.

Inmate Mikepa led us to a "must do" route to Whidbey Island via ferry..

Author admiring Mikepa's UeberHack #3 (Warbird)...notice the car tire wheel..

Mikepa's Warbird...

View from the top

2 happy hackers...

happy hackers......notice Sharon's new jacket. The yellow Olympia jacket she had was not comfortable even though she had it for 3 years...the fabric remained stiff. She found a Rev'iti jacket in Seattle and it fits her like a glove. Having clothes that fit well for long distance riding is important and now I don't have to hear her complaining...we gotta keep our woman happy!

Mikepa's WarBird....looking good!

Ft. Casey State Park...note the 2 guns located on the right side of the fort. Gun on the right is up and ready to be fired and the gun on the left is retracted below the fort walls to remain hidden until ready to be used.

guns retracted

Then we headed for Deception Pass....

the current can go as high as 12 knots....

stopped for great lunch just up the road from Deception Pass

dungeon crab cake sandwich and german potato salad...mmm good!!

Good lookin' War Bird...

what else do 2 guys talk about....their hacks!! Here we bid Mikepa adieu.

We're going to Sedro Woolley to visit Sharon's childhood best friend she hasn't seen in over 20 years.

local attraction...

long road to their house in the mountains...

interesting tree that grew over a fallen log many years ago...

one of many varieties of berries on the property...

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 06-28-2009 at 11:07 PM
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote